Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Best game in the rivalry from each side's perspective

Watching this 2012 @UNC game just made me remember how much I loved Austin Rivers' short time here. So much emotion, so much heart, and in about an hour, so much weight in his balls.

DurhamSon has stolen may faves in an earlier post:

- 1998 Senior Day
- 2010 Senior Day (incredible domination)
- 2011 ACC Title (everything came together and the Devils played a beautiful game)

To pick one at random: 1997 home game where Trajan hit a bunch of threes.

rhfarmer said:
krsmith16 said:
tankbaby2 said:
i think krs had to be kidding earlier re: King Rice. he made Bobby Hurley cry on the court and it was awesome. He also dominated hurley in Cameron to the tune of a 91-71 victory that i got to watch from the 1st row behind the crazies. it was glorious.

Why would I be kidding? Their battles were epic. Through their obvious disdain for one another, they pretty much personified the Duke/UNC rivalry.

As you mentioned, Rice had his way with Hurley on multiple occasions, but Hurley had his moments as well. FR/SO Hurley was 2-3 against JR/SR Rice. And honestly, from a statistical standpoint, I do not care one way or the other. This thread is about 'rivalry perspective'...from my perspective, the numbers are subordinate to the memories. I'll never forget those two.

Duke's Dan Meagher and UVA's Tom Sheehey are the only other players I can recall who demonstrated the mutual hatred that Hurly and Rice did.

Definitely no kidding on my part.

Meagher! Yes!

Dan Meagher, pride of St. Catherines Ontario. Before my time as a Duke follower, but as I have learned, he was pretty badass.

True story: Meagher once threatened to sodomize an opponent with a frozen maple leaf.

From the viewpoint of someone who is not a fan of either school this game was rather dull.

Yeah, that one is not going down as a classic.

I hated it and it was the outcome I wanted.

it was a generally ugly game marked more by poor play than by good play. we kept it close while shooting 38%.

I agree with the above posts - ugly game. UNC brought much hustle to the game, IMO. Duke made big plays at the end.

How about that TT? Where are the haters now?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom