Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bracketology

Apparently there is a bracket show at 12:30 on cbs today where the current top 4 seeds will be shown. Think they did this last year

I would be 100% fine with that bracket. Arizona can beat UNC. Kansas is UNC's Kryptonite. Purdue is arguably the best team in the country.

Duke's region is "fine," all things considered. We're not beating Nova, but I'd be thrilled to get that far.

The West looks incredibly appetizing. Clemson as the 3 and OU as the 4 would've been great for us. Auburn has absolutely no size. We would've probably made the Final Four in that region if we avoided a first weekend upset.

We can still end up in the West if that's what you really want.

If the bracket is going to look like that, then yes that is what I want. Unless we wound up getting a match-up with Arizona State, Arizona or USC than I would be a little bit worried- but if we got USC for example in the 2nd round in North Carolina it's not a big deal. Playing, for example, Auburn, Clemson, OU out West is fine.

We can still end up in the West if that's what you really want.

If the bracket is going to look like that, then yes that is what I want. Unless we wound up getting a match-up with Arizona State, Arizona or USC than I would be a little bit worried- but if we got USC for example in the 2nd round in North Carolina it's not a big deal. Playing, for example, Auburn, Clemson, OU out West is fine.
I would rather not play Oklahoma at all, whether or not the West is a true homecourt advantage for them.

I am fine with playing Oklahoma. I think that's a team would beat. Regardless, we wouldn't have to play OU until the Elite Eight if they get a 4/5 seed. We aren't getting a 1, we would get Clemson/Auburn.

I think it’s garbage that Arizona could be a 4/5 seed and that because they’re likely to be the only team on their seed line that’s out west, would get their Sweet 16 game in LA against a 1 seed.

De facto road games for high seeds (especially 1 seeds) defeat the purpose of seeding.

LOL of course UNC would get a region with precisely zero teams in KP's top eight, while three of the top six are in Duke's bracket.

It's so perfect that I have no doubt this is exactly what will happen.

I'm sorry but that bracket makes no sense. How is Michigan State a 3rd seed in the East behind Villanova and Duke? That would be just as awful when the put Duke in Louisville-Duke-MSU bracket in 2013.

MSU destroys UNC, but despite that and despite having fewer losses overall, they end up as the 3 seed in a much harder region. Makes sense.

To be fair, we shouldn't be a 2 seed either. I am sure the logic is based on RPI, but our wins aren't that impressive and our losses are terrible.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom