Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Brandon Ingram

I don't get the last part -- sounds exactly like the kind of guy K would play, over, for example, a "true post" PF.

Either way, I hope we keep the full-court press on Ingram (because I worry if we don't, we'll have to play a lot of two-big lineups). This guy really is tailor-made for Duke basketball.

Have opinions changed on this guy? He's consensus #18 overall now. 5-star. Friends with Giles? Seems like a low risk, medium upside recruit.

He's 63% UNC on crystal ball.

Visiting on Thursday supposedly. TDD's twitter sure made it sound like he may commit this weekend and recruiting be all wrapped up.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Have opinions changed on this guy? He's consensus #18 overall now. 5-star. Friends with Giles? Seems like a low risk, medium upside recruit.

He's 63% UNC on crystal ball.

Why did we hate him again? Didn't he look like he had really slow feet or something?

Anyway, it does seem like he's blown up. ESPN has him at 12. Plus, Jaylen Brown says he's awesome, and I'd trust that God-man with my life.

So crazily long. Just watched some clips from this summer and he looks longer, quicker, and more confident in his gumby body than I remember. He looks Justin Jackson-y now.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jQb7jo2xb0[/youtube]

He's going to end up being a 6'10 OAD Kevin Durant, and we're all going to be like, "Yep, knew it all along."

Ingram seems like a good kid, and is a hell of an intriguing player with his frame and diverse skill-set.

He's not quite as quick around the rim, but otherwise I think he resembles Amile with the missing face-up game.

I don't think there's any harm. Is he scaring off anyone in the future? Seems like the wingish guys K is targeting for his retirement tour (Giles, Tatum, Jaylen Brown) are elite and wouldn't be bothered by a guy like Ingram. There's no way K is going to fill the 13 scholarships in the next few years either. Just take the 4-year good person decent player guy.

Duke basketball fans: "Just take the top 20 guy and stash him for a few years; it can't hurt." lol at those entitled asses.

The final step in the psychic destruction of Roy Williams is being able to casually pick and choose local talent. Theo wants to come to Duke? Sorry bro, Justice is better. Best prospect in the state this year? We'll just take him as a backup plan in case we need him while you scrounge around for west coast prospects and top-75 types. Dominating pg and pf next year?Thanks, we'll take them as our boy Silver requires them to torment you for two years instead of one.

Historically, maybe no program in history has benefited as much from local guys as UNC - Scott, McAdoo the greater, Ford, Worthy, Jordan, Daugherty, Stackhouse, Jamison, etc. - for whom they have had almost no real competition throughout their history (DT and John Lucas being the rare exceptions). When that gravy train gets shut down to a trickle it is a huge body blow.

Brandon Ingram ‏@B_Ingram13 48m
Shoutout to my bro @chasejeter04 for committing to Duke today! What's next?

JMO but I don't think UNC or Duke should want him that much. Sounds like he plans on being in college 2 years at most, and I don't think he'll have a big impact in those 2 years.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom