Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Coaching Carousel

Failing upwards. Must be nice to completely suck at your job, not win a single conference game, alienate not only your actual team, but also fans, get fired and still be owed $10mill. Unless he accepted the negotiated lower buyout of only $7.4mill.

I forget the exact numbers but Pitt saved Vanderbilt millions when they decided to step in a pay the buyout on Stallings' VU contract. Vanderbilt was prepared to pay the buyout and move on before Pitt came out of nowhere. The fact that over the last 2+ years they're on the hook for somewhere like $12-$15 million in Kevin Stallings buyout money is astonishing.

Pitt went from being a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament in 2011 to 0-18 in the ACC this season, that's just horrible coaching.

Dan Hurley isn't dumb enough to go to UCONN.

I could see him going to Pittsburgh- I think he'd be a great hire and a good addition to the ACC.

Actually winning a title with somebody else's team is not that uncommon. Steve Fisher did it, Tubby did it, Ollie did it. You don't even have to be a great coach to do it.

Jay Williams said he's hearing Rick Pitino might be in play for Georgia. That would be wild.

Jay Williams is saying he's hearing Rick Pitino with regards to the Georgia job.

That would be a straight fire hire.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom