Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Coaching Carousel

I do think that pundits and fans alike are undervaluing UCONN to an extent. While the job has significantly less allure than it did when they were in the Big East, the Huskies have won 4 titles in the last 20 years and sport a very good fanbase. Their days of winning championships are over, but if Cincinnati and Wichita can win 25-30 games a year in that pseudo mid-major conference, UCONN can too with the right coach. If nothing else, it's a better job than Pitt, which had no basketball tradition whatsoever prior to Jamie Dixon's stint there, and seems likely to be an also-ran in the ACC at best.

Jamie Dixon is a good coach and he did a really good job at Pitt, but Ben Howland got the ball rolling at Pitt- Dixon just continued it.

Jamie Dixon is a good coach and he did a really good job at Pitt, but Ben Howland got the ball rolling at Pitt- Dixon just continued it.

Right, forgot about Howland. Doesn't change the fact that they had no tradition or sustained success pre-2002.

This article in which a Pitt blogger talks to Jeff Goodman about his thoughts on their search was interesting for 2 reasons.

1) I didn't think Goodman had this deep a knowledge of college ball.
2) He (randomly to me) mentions Sean Miller as someone Pitt should try for. ?

It’s not really random. Miller is from there and played his college ball there, after all. But it’s a bit of a pipe dream unless Miller gets canned from Arizona.

Yeah, people are saying Miller to Pitt would be a graceful way for him and Zona to part ways without admitting to anything or placing blame, since it's his hometown and he played there. But Pitt would be crazy to hire him until they know if he'll be implicated in anything. If he can't recruit at Zona with the cloud over his head, it would be 10x harder at Pitt.

I wonder it it would be a bad look for Pitt to consider taking a gamble on Baker Dunleavy, Mike's kid brother. He just had a mediocre first year at Quinnipiac, but before then spent eight years on the Villanova staff, including the last 4 as the associate head coach, including on their the title team. Widely regarded as smart, good recruiter. He's still 35.

I feel for Padgett, he did a great job considering the shit sandwich that Pitino handed him.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom