Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2015-2016

The thinking is that they were competitive in the games they lost, even leading in many. They took both Duke and Wisconsin to the wire, and those teams met in the championship game. Adding a year of maturity and experience may allow them to win the games they couldn't last year.

That's the logic as I see it. But I don't care where they're ranked anyway.

Not sure that a guard ranked #97 is actually advertised as being good, except in the minds of UNC fans.

I think continuity is worth a ton in college basketball. Paige, Meeks, Jackson and Johnson will be four of the best players in college basketball. The fact that they weren't that great last year seems kind of immaterial to me; bringing back everyone from a Sweet 16 team is basically a dream scenario. Keeping this team together with the exception of the possibly worthless Tokoto is classic Roy. It's easily the best thing he's done as a coach since 2009.

They won't have a dominant defense but their experience should be enough to make them component on that end. Offensively, spacing won't be amazing but the players are just too good for that to not be an elite offense. They're the safest bet to be a one seed, IMO. Even a relatively modest improvement over last year makes them an obvious top 5 team.

I wasn't sure if this goes here or in the Duke alumni thread. Anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:

We're one OTL report on Lance Thomas away from UNC being the only ACC program not on probation.

Feel bad for Sulaimon the Rapist. He could've had everything he ever dreamed of if he had picked/transferred to Louisville.

I've got admit that I'm kind of annoyed that this happens right after they join the ACC (and that the same happened with Syracuse). At least ND had a nice run. Meanwhile Pitt is even more mediocre than before.

rome8180 said:
I've got admit that I'm kind of annoyed that this happens right after they join the ACC (and that the same happened with Syracuse). At least ND had a nice run. Meanwhile Pitt is even more mediocre than before.

ACC is the touch of death since FSU joined. VT, BC, Cuse, Ville, Miami have all gotten worse at virtually everything they were supposed to be good at and the future doesn't look good. ND hoops is - so far - the only bright spot of expansion. I guess that's to be expected when you join an 'academic' conference.

deeyoukayeee said:
rome8180 said:

ACC is the touch of death since FSU joined. VT, BC, Cuse, Ville, Miami have all gotten worse at virtually everything they were supposed to be good at and the future doesn't look good. ND hoops is - so far - the only bright spot of expansion. I guess that's to be expected when you join an 'academic' conference.

The ACC just seems to ruin non native football programs not from Florida, and Louisville and Syracuse were living on borrowed time with the NCAA in hoops.

5-star SF, composite #19 freshman. Why couldn't this have been AIDS for Roy instead?

If Roy retires, you might have to change your name to SeanMayTriedToCoachMe.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom