Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2017-18

I assume the competition was terrible, but it should be added that he did that in 22 mpg and with 50/40 shooting percentages.

1) Bagley
2) Allen

3) Porter
4) Bonzie Colson
5) Ethan Happ
6) Jalen Brunson
7) Jock Lindale
8) Deandre Ayton
9) Miles Bridges
10) Alonzo Trier
11) Devonte Graham
12) Jevon Carter
13) Robert Williams
14) Kelan Martin
15) Wendell Carter
16) Landry Shamet
17) Trevon Bluitt
18) Nick Ward
19) Mo Bamba
20) Joel Berry
21) Trevon Duval
22) Rawle Alkins
23) Hamidou Diallo
24) Moe Wagner
25) Angel Delgad0

Somehow I feel the most important player on that list for us is Duval, in terms of needing to live up to ranking. If Duval is seriously the 21st best player in the country, and only a hair behind Berry, then this roster is foolproof despite coaching philosophy.

Gasaway should provide 95% confidence ranges as well. Duval's would be something like #3 to #1000, with equal likelihood of being a 1st team AA or a nationally below average starter. Joel Berry's would be #19 to #21.

That is a sad list. I take back anything I've said about Bagley being among the best players in the country from day one. I forgot how bad college basketball is, and looking at the list now, I don't think it would be crazy for Bagley to just kill everyone right away.

It's like when you watch the first college football games each season and the disastrous QB play shocks you because the last thing you remember about football is the NFL playoffs. When we watch the first college basketball games this season, we'll once again wonder how K manages to produce 10-20 ranked teams when his competition is basically less talented freshmen than the ones at Duke and every non-freshman who is not good enough to play in the NBA.

Last edited:
The Bagley hype train is out of control. You can literally spend an entire day on Youtube watching Draft Express-style player breakdowns of him if you want. I've never seen anything like it.

4 top 25 players and the top 2 overall? Wow.

Master Krzyzewski is grinning ear to ear, no doubt.

This team honestly reminds me of a team from my younger years: the 2004 LA Lakers.

Bagley is The Big Aristotle. Grayson is Kobe. Duval is The Glove. Carter is Karl Malone.

Pandemonium will reign in Durham, North Carolina next April. There is no doubt in my mind. We are in for such a treat.

We should call this team "Baby Showtime"

JKdsdWqF

This team honestly reminds me of a team from my younger years: the 2004 LA Lakers.

Bagley is The Big Aristotle. Grayson is Kobe. Duval is The Glove. Carter is Karl Malone.

Pandemonium will reign in Durham, North Carolina next April. There is no doubt in my mind. We are in for such a treat.

Do you think this Duke team could beat an NBA team? I think it's possible. Maybe take one out of 20 matches against a shit team. Thoughts?

So we'll lose lopsided in the title game to MSU?

Axes, tell me how my ass tastes

2004 Lakers is a good comparison. The best coach in the sport's history, who was on his last legs, on the verge of being totally out of touch with modern strategies, and unable to beat his UNC counterpart. A team that had no answer defensively for an efficient backcourt and relied on an ugly, one-on-one offense because they couldn't manage anything else against an elite defense. Ultimately a huge disappointment. I'm on board with "Baby Showtime" Duke.

Oh shit. We're destined to lose in the championship to a team with a UNC alum as coach and a UNC star. In college, that team is called UNC.

Did Dick Vitale write this post for you ?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom