Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2021-2022

There is a world where Princeton gets a bit underseeded and is Duke’s 1st round opponent.

Princeton, on paper, runs a beautiful offense that abuses poorly conceived defenses. They are 9th in the country in 3pt% and 13th in 2pt%. I don’t know how a team that shoots like that also is 347th in FT%, but this weakness would be minimized against a Duke team that doesn’t foul.

Their 3pt% is not being artificially boosted by low volume. They have the 32nd highest 3pt rate, with 4 starters all between 138-162 3pt attempts this season and all between 38-41%. They are interchangeable shooting robots.

Their defense is terrible, but they do one thing really well - defensive rebounding. They seem to just not really play defense at all, and hope the opponent is cold, which is perfect natural strategy for a 2/15 upset.

Needless to say, we desperately need Cornell to pull the upset in the Ivy final today. When that clock ticks down to zero and Princeton is celebrating, we will know Duke’s season is over.

Last edited:
Yeah I should have added Princeton. They seem to have similar upset potential as Colgate and should be the top 14 seed in the bracket so they are definitely in play if we lose today.

The way to kick Princeton up to a 13 would be for Akron to beat Kent State or for Abilene to beat New Mexico State later.

Didn’t realize the Ivy final is tomorrow, not today.

I was actually thinking the Committee would be terrible enough to make Princeton a 15.

They’re firing him now because LSU just received their Notice of Allegations from the NCAA yesterday I think, which included six Level 1 accusations against Wade.

And I believe I read that LSU renegotiated his contract in the last year or so that basically included a clause that he could be fired without penalty if he was charged with a Level 1 penalty.

Oh yeah, absolutely. Make no mistake, I agree with you, he should’ve been axed years ago.

I seem to recall reading back then that Wade’s lawyers did a GREAT job arguing that they would’ve been able to get LSU to pay at least some of his buyout had they fired him at the time. Something about the wording in his contract not allowing him to be fired for cause then, thus the renegotiating, leading to today.

They knew exactly what happened two years ago and weren’t going to do a damn thing about it. Pretty gross.

*That was longer than two years ago, wasn’t it? More like 3 or 4? Crazy that he’s hung around that long.
Kansas basically admitted "we don't care." That's probably the right move from a revenue and competitive perspective, if not from a PR one. And even the PR is not a big deal. The mouthpiece of college basketball is Jay Bilas and he'd defend a murderer if they were going up against the NCAA.

There's no rule in college basketball that you can't murder someone. Disgusting for the NCAA to pretend that Jay Bilas shouldn't exonerate a murderer just because he's good at basketball.

Well, the Ivy League may shut down now that the regular season champion has not won the tournament. Yes, that does weaken the 14-15 pool a bit.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom