Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2021-2022

Kihei has another year if he wants it. He did participate in UVA’s senior night, but he said that night that he hadn’t made up his mind about returning next season. I assume he’ll be back.

Random: St. Bonnie’s had four (!!!!) players play all 40 minutes in their win over Virginia tonight. Their fifth starter played 28 minutes, due in large part to foul trouble (he finished with 4 PFs).

The problem is Bilas thinks he's objective and he's not. That's worse than being openly biased. Here he can't admit that he was wrong about the league sucking.

The real issue is still the 20-game schedule, though. It's impossible to judge the quality of a conference when 80% of the data is the conference playing itself. I don't really blame anyone for getting it wrong, but digging in on your position now just looks stupid.

Last edited:
Kevin Willard is the next coach at Maryland. This is an excellent hire and makes me quite sad, however, Seton Hall has the ideal replacement lined up with Shaheen Holloway.

I know you're obsessed with Seton Hall or whatever but why is it such a good hire? He won 1 tournament game in like 10 years.

Seton Hall is a very difficult place to coach. They practice in the basement of the student rec center, their facilities are terrible, they play in an NBA arena that always has a curtain closing off the upper deck and they don't have a lot of resources. When Willard took over that program it was a dumpster fire. He's overachieved relative to their talent level every season and is probably one of the best coaches in America at player development, which was passed down to him from Pitino. Ironically, this year they announced the official plans to build a $40 million basketball-only facility on campus, which is a direct result of the success the program has recently had. It is not a desirable job, and the only reason why Seton Hall will continue to compete and punch above their weight is that they have an incredible succession plan lined up with Shaheen Holloway, who played at Seton Hall and was an assistant coach for Willard at Iona and Seton Hall.

In 12 seasons at Seton Hall, he had 28 wins versus the top 25, which accelerated after the really lean first 3-4 seasons he had. They would've been a 3 seed in the COVID NCAA Tournament. He's going to do well at Maryland and better than Turgeon did.

I'm still rooting best opponent vs UNC, so I hope not even though Miami beat them

I love how these guys can't even get their players home before doing this (though they might actually be home).

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom