Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball Recruiting

Once schools have a precedent for getting all their players endorsement deals or inducement payments after the fact, they won’t need to actually induce anyone before committing anymore. So this should be a non-issue unless the NCAA really wants to penalize Memphis for this one season. Then going forward, Hardaway can just show recruits what he’s gotten for his players in past seasons.

This first season of NIL is key. Duke needs to make sure Banchero gets around $10M+, the other lottery picks get close to $1M+ and everyone else gets close to six figures. There’s no cheating necessary after that.

I think FedEx benefits somewhat, since their name is all over the home arena. If more people are watching Memphis games this season, that’s a good deal for them.

“We welcome you to the historic FedEx Forum for a titanic American Athletic Conference clash between the Memphis Tigers and the Shockers of Wichita State.” That’s probably worth a million to FedEx.

I thought it was understood that this NIL thing was going to be “pay-for-play” and that most people were OK with that.

New 247 rankings out.

Sharpe is number 1, which I guess makes him the consensus top player in the class at this point. If you trust the crystal ball, Kentucky is projected to land four of the top seven in the class (Sharpe, Lively, Livingston will announce for Kentucky tonight, and Wallace) and five of the top 10 (Bona). Skyy Clark, ranked 18, is already committed, which would make six of the top 18.

It is interesting how we've spilled a lot of ink on this forum discussing the ideal recruiting strategy for Duke and have spent the last several years lamenting our poor track record with getting a lot of value out of the 20-50ish range, either because they don't get enough early playing time and transfer or because they do get playing time and then leave way too early for a very shaky draft position.

And then in the course of a month, (1) we got a new coach who could potentially have a longer rotation and thus prevent a ton of transfers and (2) NIL went into effect, perhaps leading to future freshmen with very shaky draft prospects to choose to stick around longer, both of which might make us revisit some of our conclusions on recruiting strategy.

Flip's rise from #165 in the composite last December to #8 is insane. I'm pretty sure the only player in the class with close to as large a jump is Shaedon Sharpe (from #124 last October to #1 now).

What’s in his mouth ?

index.php

Was visiting 247 to read about our recent recruiting coups and came across this. I see nothing has changed since the Bo Ryan era. Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 7.32.08 PM.png

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom