Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball Recruiting

I feel like they're actually doing okay, given losing Manny Bates for the whole season. Am I missing something?

They're fine this year so far. I just don't know how much longer he'll last regardless. They've made the tournament once with him as a coach, and that was his first season, and he lost in the 1st round. Gottfried was fired after two bad seasons, despite making 4 NCAA tournaments (including two Sweet Sixteens). Sendak was fired after coming off five straight NCAA appearances.

The only thing you're "missing" is taking my post too literally, though.

I don't think he'll be fired this year. But if he doesn't make the tournament this year or next year either, it's easy to see it happening.

I'd just assumed you were referring to off-court issues or something. One weird aspect of following ACC hoops from Georgia as opposed to North Carolina is that I never ever read a single thing about NC State. Other than Boston College, they seem to be the ACC school that gets the least media coverage in the places I read.

Well, we never hear anything about them here either. My only contact with NC State fans is some asshole at a gas station seeing my Duke hoodie and having to make some snide comment. Happens way more with State fans than UNC fans.

Well, we never hear anything about them here either. My only contact with NC State fans is some asshole at a gas station seeing my Duke hoodie and having to make some snide comment. Happens way more with State fans than UNC fans.
Really? I never had that happen to me with State fans, only UNC fans. Maybe that’s because I spent a lot of time in Charlotte.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom