Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

COVID-19

You almost certainly have gotten it and are asymptomatic, which is great.
Fuck you, I don’t have it
Fuck you, I do have it. Became symptomatic on Thursday which was 9 days since my known exposure at work. But we’ve been in Florida since Monday, so who knows. The wife and kids all tested negative, but they are riding 12 hours in the car with me today so…

Yeah someone would have to either be a Tibetan monk or wear a hazmat suit at all times to not get an Omicron variant. 99% of the whole world will have gotten this in a few months, whether it’s actually reported or not.

Last week, the phantom smoke smell I've been experiencing became specifically the smell of stale cigarette smoke. It seems to have faded away since Friday, but it's come and gone a few times in the past year~

COVID continues to be a wimpy bitch to my amazing immune system. The Trumpers were right all along. I was “living in fear” for no reason.

Push mowed and weed-eated (weed-ate?) after working from home today. Only had to stop once to blow my nose. It was smooth sailing until I got stung by a fucking wasp.

My 3 kids never got it. I wish they did last week when we both had it.

This is kind of an obvious statement, but it's so much better to get it now than the initial variants. I know a ton of people getting it now, and they've rarely been sick longer than a couple days. I know some people who got it back in April-June of 2020 who are still dealing with the health consequences.

No kidding. I had a moment of stupidity Monday morning when I thought, “Man, if I had gotten this two years ago, I would have gotten to work from home for two weeks, not three days!” But then I remembered if I had gotten it then, it might have killed me, so probs an even trade there.

Duke made me stay out 7 days. I was fine after 2.

In Feb, when Omicron was raging, you could come back in 5 if you were improving, not even asymptomatic yet. Now, with lower numbers, they extended the time you need to be out even if asymptomatic.

No kidding. I had a moment of stupidity Monday morning when I thought, “Man, if I had gotten this two years ago, I would have gotten to work from home for two weeks, not three days!” But then I remembered if I had gotten it then, it might have killed me, so probs an even trade there.
Yeah, but then you never would have had to go back to work.

Every time I read one of these long Twitter threads, I think about how a dumb a format Twitter is and am amazed that it remains so popular. All that said, this is a useful thread.

Likely had it as well. Cold/flu for 3-5 days (didn't bother to test because I get cold/flu constantly these days), then constant burning/smoky smell for 2-3 days (tested negative during this period). Household member tested positive at some point in there. Apparently fire/smoke is one of the more pleasant smells to have to deal with, as sewage, gasoline and rotten food are more common.

Have to assume the current subvariant cases are being drastically underreported due to at-home testing and apathy toward testing in general. I'd guess 75%+ of Americans will have had COVID by the end of the current wave. Not seeing a huge spike in hospitalizations and deaths (yet) is a good sign. Common sense says we're at a point with the variants where they're extremely transmissive but extremely mild.

About one month after the burning smell, I’ve lost my sense of smell entirely. Tested negative again. So I’m assuming long haul symptoms and hoping to regain smell in a few days or weeks.

Pretty sure I got covid after this past weekend. I was masked a large portion of the time but my brother and dad were basically not at all. My brother apparently tested positive yesterday so I feel like there's a 100% chance both my dad and I got it too. I have a slightly sore throat, a headache, a very minor cough and don't remember sleeping at all last night despite going to bed early.

I've had a minor sore throat and mild headache for a couple of days too. And I'm slightly hoarse. Apparently sore throat and hoarseness are main symptoms.

I've had a minor sore throat and mild headache for a couple of days too. And I'm slightly hoarse. Apparently sore throat and hoarseness are main symptoms.
I've gotten multiple sore throats over the last few months. I've tested myself with home tests each time and come up negative.

One thing to consider is that our immune systems suck now from lack of exposure to other humans. So we're probably susceptible to any minor thing that's going around.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom