Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

COVID-19

The worst part for me with this stupid illness is not being able to sleep. I've probably slept 10 hours in total the last 3 days, it is brutal. I only remember dreaming twice in that time. Not a fan.

I finally fell asleep yesterday and slept for most of the day and night. I feel pretty good today. I hope I'm nearing the end of it but I guess we'll see.

For those that have had it, once you started feeling significantly better, did covid symptoms return or was the pretty much the end of the illness for you?

You’ll probably feel some after effects. I think there’s a broad gradient/spectrum of “long COVID.” I doubt everyone is either having COVID shit for 6+ months afterward or done after 1 week. I had loss of smell for about 2 days like 2-4 weeks later.

My good friend was definitely in the in between range. He had a fairly mild case. But he still felt like he was not ready to go on tour with his band the next month. He's a singer, and he didn't feel like he had the breath support.

However, flash forward to the next month and he was fine to go on a prolonged tour.

Think I’m next to ride the Covid train for the first time. Had some friends staying with us the last week. They left Saturday morning to head to their next stop and on the way one started feeling bad. Two negative home tests for her before a positive PCR test today. Seems only a matter of time for me and Mrs. 05. I keep thinking maybe my throat hurts, but I don’t think it actually does, probably more anticipatory.

This is my usual DF jinx attempt, though usually they are reserved for Duke athletics.

I still have this lingering, annoying ass cough. It comes out of nowhere for like 20-30 minutes every 5-6 hours and then it's gone the rest of the day. Those 20-30 minutes when they're present are annoying AF. Damn near thought I was gonna cough up a lung while I was taking my dog outside just now, coughed enough it inadvertently made me tear up. I remain convinced this hellscape of a virus was man-made, it's too annoying not to be.

I still have this lingering, annoying ass cough. It comes out of nowhere for like 20-30 minutes every 5-6 hours and then it's gone the rest of the day. Those 20-30 minutes when they're present are annoying AF. Damn near thought I was gonna cough up a lung while I was taking my dog outside just now, coughed enough it inadvertently made me tear up. I remain convinced this hellscape of a virus was man-made, it's too annoying not to be.

I read this at first as annoying 'ass cough' and thought "WTF, I hadn't heard that was a symptom. In fact what is it. 20-30 minutes coughing out your ass can't be good."

This dovetails nicely with the Republican party's attempts to control curriculums with bullshit like what's going on in Florida.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom