Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Dereck Lively

I believe he still has the highest block percentage in Duke history.

That's if the older numbers can be trusted. Shelden Williams only having a block percentage of 7.5% as a senior while averaging almost 4 blocks per game seems wrong. Per 40 minutes, he averages 4.6 blocks while Lively averages 4.8. So basically identical. However, Lively is at 13% block percentage to Shelden's 7.5%. Obviously, the pace/number of defensive possessions matters. But even factoring that in, it seems like the percentages should be more similar. By comparison, Mark Williams is at 11.4%, which seems right.

Amazing that that would be the best block percentage in Duke history and yet still only 4th in the country.

Past 3 games, estimated weighted averages:

145 offensive rating, 20% offensive rebound, 22% defensive rebound, 20% block

If this is who he is, and if Whitehead adds a high volume 40% 3pt shooter to the lineup, Duke fans should be extremely disappointed if Scheyer doesn’t contend for a national title in his first season.

Past 3 games, estimated weighted averages:

145 offensive rating, 20% offensive rebound, 22% defensive rebound, 20% block

If this is who he is, and if Whitehead adds a high volume 40% 3pt shooter to the lineup, Duke fans should be extremely disappointed if Scheyer doesn’t contend for a national title in his first season.
Joke’s on you. My whole life is an extreme disappointment.

He's a pretty unorthodox shotblocker in some ways. I've criticized his tendency to keep his weight too far forward (which he's gotten better with), and he doesn't quite have that innate timing Wendell and Mark had that let them high-point so many weakside blocks. However, he is excellent at:
  1. Keeping his long arms straight up at all times, even with contact; and
  2. Moving his feet very quickly while doing so
Which results in him being giant, moving wall around the rim. I give the coaches a lot of credit for #1, as he was bringing his arms down early on every shot attempt early in the year. He gets away with it on the second play here, but the rest of them are textbook. Major progress in being disciplined.

What point in the game was this? I somehow missed it. It must have been either early or late.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom