Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2012-2013 Discussion Thread

Marshall Plumlee might be my favorite Blue Devil by the end of his career.

Last edited by a moderator:
DukeBlue4Life said:
Nice job on these boards fellas!

Thank you...PM all your favorite posters over at TDD.

Maybe not the right thread but...

579784_10151197294669456_1021012250_n.jpg

That's about how I write these days when I try to write by hand.

Me, too. My handwriting is a mess.

Actually some weird cursive/print hybrid

I was a junior when we were recruiting Kobe. Hated him for so long for spurning Duke and refusing to play for the Hornets

My respect for K is so great that his close relationship with Lebron and Kobe made me rethink my positions on them.

Also, Kobe is one of the smartest guys to ever play in the NBA in my opinion.

Yeah, I have completely changed the way I thought about both of them. In a good way.

Cook
Curry
Murphy
Kelly
Mason

2 of 5 CBS commentators picked us to win the ACC, 2 for UNC, 1 for state

Because of State's recruiting they are the flavor of the week. I am glad because so many people are overlooking Duke. We are quietly, for now, setting up to be a very good team. Obviously that depends on the progression of a couple of key players like Cook and Mason as well as how far have MP3 and Murphy come.

Define quite. We're in most pre season top 10's, top 6 in the last one I looked at. Is there really a team at this point being penciled in as favorites? I think State is just getting the most buzz here in NC but we judge our success in march. I think we are legitimate title contender this year barring injury and the expected emergence of Cook.

Anyone picking UNC to win the ACC is not a very good analyst and/or is ignorant to what makes a good Roy Williams team.

Anyone picking State to win the ACC is valuing recruiting over proven coaching. That said, they did end on a high note last year and they do have a lot of returning players plus some incoming talent.

Anyone picking Duke as an underdog to win the ACC is overvaluing our end-of-year performance, discounting the late-season loss of Kelly from our offense, overvaluing the loss of Rivers, or undervaluing Coach K and upperclassman experience.

Logic says it should go this way:

1) Duke
2) State
3) UNC

But I wouldn't be surprised if State and Duke swapped places. One thing I'm not hearing a lot about is the loss of Dawkins and its effect on Duke's outside shooting. Basically, we've got Curry and Kelly as proven outside shooters. Also, rebounding might be a big problem.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom