Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2012-2013 Discussion Thread

I'm so pumped for this season. I just really, really, really, want Cook to be that guy. In a dream world Cook will blow up and Mason and Kelly will both go 1st round with Mase snagging a lottery pick. Then, the following year Cook continues to improve and goes league and Tyus comes in and gets the reigns from day 1 and drags Okafor with him. That would mean we would have a top tier point guard for 3 consecutive years. I'm not so certain that Tyus would bolt after 1 year also. I could see him, okafor, and winslow all being 2 year guys with Winslow possibly staying a 3rd.

If Tyus and Okafor come to Duke and then stay for two years, it would be disastrous for future recruiting.

Be safe, Wise! When do you leave, if you can share?

rhfarmer said:
If Tyus and Okafor come to Duke and then stay for two years, it would be disastrous for future recruiting.

not necessarily, Sully stayed around, Terrence Jones stayed around, Barnes stayed around, not all guys have to go one and done. If they're effective and play well I don't think it really matters how long they stay.

So evidently ESPNU will be televising our practice at Ft. Bragg.

thewiseben said:
Sad I'm going to miss so much of the season. I hope everyone's going to take advantage of this site's liberal attitude to send out excellent steaming links for those of us overseas.

I don't think you want those.

Probably the wrong thread but holy balls is BlueBaller stupid.

If Sheed is on Curry's level we'll be title favorites.

Also, love that dublinwake equated Sheed to Austin motherfucking Rivers because they were both the top SGs in the class. Dublin also is of the thought that McRoberts = Anthony Davis but K screwed up McBobs and is why we suck.

Topher said:
Probably the wrong thread but holy balls is BlueBaller stupid.

If Sheed is on Curry's level we'll be title favorites.

Also, love that dublinwake equated Sheed to Austin motherfucking Rivers because they were both the top SGs in the class. Dublin also is of the thought that McRoberts = Anthony Davis but K screwed up McBobs and is why we suck.

All par for the course from him...

Did he finally delete his blog, BTW?

Blueballer is 85% chance a troll from another fan base. I spotted him early on, but you know the TDD mods love to debate with obvious trolls. It makes them feel intellectually stimulated (DiabloAzur, Tent, etc).

Holy SHIT:

@dukeblueplanet
185-rep test on bench. @realnatejames stepped in after team & obliterated it w/ 28. Bear strength. Try that next time you're at the gym.

Pantone287 said:
Holy SHIT:

@dukeblueplanet
185-rep test on bench. @realnatejames stepped in after team & obliterated it w/ 28. Bear strength. Try that next time you're at the gym.

Less lifting.

More realistic scouting.

He just goes to the in-home, walks in, picks the whole couch up family included, screams "WEIGHT ROOM", drops the couch, hands them an offer letter, and flies back to Durham.

bfactor said:
He just goes to the in-home, walks in, picks the whole couch up family included, screams "WEIGHT ROOM", drops the couch, hands them an offer letter, and flies back to Durham.

lol'd IRL

I'm imagining Nate as an awesome badass amalgamation of the old Old Spice guy and Terry Crew/new Old Spice guy now

Laura Keeley (@laurakeeley) tweeted at 3:44 PM on Fri, Oct 12, 2012:
#Duke G Seth Curry won't be doing any offensive point guard duties and will be doing minimal on-ball defense

This is per K at todays presser. Also said Thornton has gotten quicker and Cook is much improved.

Laura Keeley (@laurakeeley) tweeted at 3:46 PM on Fri, Oct 12, 2012:
#Duke coach K said there were times last year when he wanted to pull Alex Murphy's redshirt. Thinks he looks like Kyle Singler

Mandy Mitchell (@MandyWRAL) tweeted at 3:52 PM on Fri, Oct 12, 2012:
Krzyzewski: Mason Plumlee is one of the best players in the country. Has been a big time leader this summer.

Duke Basketball (@dukebasketball) tweeted at 3:56 PM on Fri, Oct 12, 2012:
Coach K says Quinn Cook will be the starting point guard with Thornton backing him up.

Thain said:
Duke Basketball (@dukebasketball) tweeted at 3:56 PM on Fri, Oct 12, 2012:
Coach K says Quinn Cook will be the starting point guard with Thornton backing him up.

Wow. That's good to hear and it means Cook put in some work during this summer. I'll be pulling for him.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom