Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2012-2013 Discussion Thread

Laura Keeley (@laurakeeley) tweeted at 4:02 PM on Fri, Oct 12, 2012:
#Duke Coach K: "I'm 65 years old. I'm still fresh and excited about what I do"
(https://tw

Notes from K's presser:

-Tyler is quicker, cook is improved
- first couple of practices will be about defense
- thought about pulling murphy's redshirt last year. Reminds him of Kyle a lot
- Seth is out of practice with leg injury, Marshall out with hurt foot from 2 days ago
-on mason--"I like where he's at. If we do something special this year it'll be BC of him. He's the key guy"
- curry won't have offensive pg duties and will have minimal on-ball defensive duties
- Quinn cook is the starter. TT will back him up
- mason is one of best players in the country
- will see reflections of USA basketball in team this year (no surprise there with mobile PF and true pg facilitator)

Pretty exciting. I just found it laughable last year how fans were arguing K playing favorites with TT, when he fit a deficiency we had in defense. K may have favorite players but he's always played the lineups he thinks gives us a best chance to win. Quinn wasn't ready yet, clearly K feels like he is now and has no trouble proclaiming him a started before the season/practice has officially started.

He also pretty much said he doesn't like ACC coaches voting on preseason poll and that teams should be acknowledged for what they have actually done.

Oh and we will see a lot of team USA influence in this years team.

He was borderline whacking it to senior mason and seemed to be really happy about papa murph

That's a winning lineup. Especially with what we have coming off the bench.

NCCUknow said:
Pencil it in now boys

Cook
Curry
Murphy
Kelly
Mason

Facilitator, shooter, slashing wing, stretch four, all around center.

Ingredients to a winner

Yep, literally the exact structure you want for a k team. Only thing we need now is good three point shooting from papa murph and cook (and an extra inch for Seth) and you have a perfect lineup.

NCCUknow said:
Yep, literally the exact structure you want for a k team. Only thing we need now is good three point shooting from papa murph and cook (and an extra inch for Seth) and you have a perfect lineup.

I think we'll be fine if we can get good three point shooting from either Alex or Cook. We don't "need" four 3-point shooters, but I think three is essential.

Duke Basketball (@dukebasketball) tweeted at 4:31 PM on Fri, Oct 12, 2012:
Alex Murphy, now over 220 pounds, speaks with the media.

1. Murph has bulked up
2. Who is that interviewing him? Cuz damn!

Wow,

I'm kind of surprised about the Cook announcement so soon.

NCCUknow said:
Pencil it in now boys

Cook
Curry
Murphy
Kelly
Mason

This season should help shed the perception that Duke is a school for white kids.

MY GOD, THE SEASON IS ABOUT TO START

tumblr_mbpi8jAgLx1rnvwt1.gif

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back