Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2014-2015 Discussion thread

Amile benching more than Okafor?

Grayson Allen is a greek god. That kid is going to be swimming in it.

Yes - Nate was pretty awesome. The trainer was pretty badass as well, though I guess you would have to expect that.

Duke gets thoroughly outplayed by a 14-seed in the NCAA Tournament. Duke finishes with the #116 defense in the country, indicating that the loss to the 14-seed was not a fluke, and #13 overall. Duke loses its top ranking assistant coach. Duke loses its 2 top players in terms of minutes per game in the 1st round of the Draft, as well as 2 other rotation players.

Duke is now the 3rd best team in the country.

3 other ACC teams in top 10. Lemme guess without looking: we play them all twice, or at the very least away.

DurhamSon said:
3 other ACC teams in top 10. Lemme guess without looking: we play them all twice, or at the very least away.
UNC is home-and-home. And yes, Louisville and UVA are away-only.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Duke gets thoroughly outplayed by a 14-seed in the NCAA Tournament. Duke finishes with the #116 defense in the country, indicating that the loss to the 14-seed was not a fluke, and #13 overall. Duke loses its top ranking assistant coach. Duke loses its 2 top players in terms of minutes per game in the 1st round of the Draft, as well as 2 other rotation players.

Duke is now the 3rd best team in the country.

Wisconsin goes to Final 4, was the best team in a better conference, 6th overall last year in Kenpom, returns everyone but one senior. WORSE THAN DUKE.

If we beat Wisconsin at their place I'll be all aboard the Final Four hype.

Going into that place and winning, especially when Wisconsin is this good, will take a lot of toughness, togetherness and focus. Three things that last year's team lacked.

Also I hope we whip UCONN. That would be nice. They are the reigning National Champions and I find them very annoying.

Sorry for the third post in a row but I've just had a bunch of thoughts all at once about Duke basketball.

If you could only win two of these games this year, which two would you pick?

@ Wisconsin
@ Louisville
@ Virginia
Michigan State (neutral)
UCONN (neutral)
@Syracuse

I would pick Wisconsin (top 5 team, tough as nails at home) & UCONN (because I cannot fucking stand them)

I swear I never read your preceeding posts before I wrote mine - I was not copying you, just have the same feeling about those games

At Wisconsin because it would be the best early indicator for the potential of the team.

At Louisville because their fans will be crazy for that game and I will want them to be sad. And there will probably be some UL fans who feel like debating K v. Pitino as current game day coaches when no one is even arguing with them.

No amount of regular season wins over UConn will ever matter in the head to head. We could beat them 100-30 every season for the next 10 and no one would consider us the winners of that history.

No one cares about Michigan State. It has now been 14 years of not winning.

Duke visiting each year is the highlight of Syracuse residents' lives so I would almost prefer to lose that game.

Agree with Wisconsin and Louisville.

But I also assume we will beat UConn and Michigan State fairly easily, which is of course not how your hypothetical question works.

"At one point, Krzyzewksi was frustrated with Ojeleye's positioning and stature and commented that he was the best athlete on the team, but unwilling to use it because he's not ready. On the positive side, Ojeleye knocked down numerous open 3's during the practice."

SMTTEM crying inside.

There are many encouraging points in there, though I think the writer is (slightly) underestimating Amile's contributions on the offensive boards and around the rim. Seems to be spot-on with what we have previously read about Amile's communication skills, though.

I am excited to see improvement from Jones. Interesting window into what seems to be holding Semi back. I would hope that he can correct this early in the year, as he should be a factor backing up Amile.

rome8180 said:
Good write-up by someone who sat in on a practice. Apparently Matt Jones started with the white team (and even hit some threes), though Quinn Cook eventually took over.

Sounds like Rasheed's job might be leading the second unit. I don't necessarily disapprove.

http://www.scacchoops.com/duke-basketba ... tes-101714

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom