Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2014-2015 Discussion thread

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
I liken K to a drug addict with small ball. He knows he needs to stop it. The past several years of defensive results show him he needs to stop. But he can't. He loves the jumpshot heavy offense and high pressure defense on the perimeter. It feels so good for him even though it ends so poorly in the long run. He's getting stronger and stronger at resisting it but he relapses here and there. Hopefully he will only hurt this team with small ball for 4-8 minutes a game this season.

But now his main hook-up has moved on.

Hopefully his new circle of friends will help him make better choices.

The Jah foul trouble/foul out lineup will be Cook, a Jones, Sheed, Winslow, AJ.

Jah will get into foul trouble and will foul out of games.

Considering Marshall Plumlee seems like a competent basketball player, that will be a mistake.

I liken K to a drug addict with small ball. He knows he needs to stop it. The past several years of defensive results show him he needs to stop. But he can't. He loves the jumpshot heavy offense and high pressure defense on the perimeter. It feels so good for him even though it ends so poorly in the long run. He's getting stronger and stronger at resisting it but he relapses here and there. Hopefully he will only hurt this team with small ball for 4-8 minutes a game this season.

He was forced to detox in 2010 when Singler moved to the 3 and they didn't actually have enough guards on the roster to revert to that style. But when the product became available again he relapsed...hard.

Unfortunately, he's caching a bunch of really great shit by loading the roster with so many talented guards he never gets caught without a fix again. With Jones, Jones, Allen, Sulaimon and Kennard tee'd up for next year, and Battle and Smith/Thornton the next, he almost has to shoot up every game.

We can only hope Tyus and Sheed go pro. Or maybe Matt snaps a femur. Of course, it will be too late by then when Winslow is the #7 pick and Semi goes to a Semi-nary. Ingram might be a must-have recruit......

Last year, Amile and Marshall combined to shoot 46.9% from the foul line (most of the attempts were Amile's, although Marshall's percentage was worse).

This year, so far, they are 9-10, and that can't really be attributed to the quality of the opponent

Small sample size. Although Jefferson looks to have gained some more arc on his free throw. Marshall has done away with that weird squat thing too, so maybe there is something to this.

So funny.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv7A3r0a7Ns#t=23[/youtube]

The coaches were mad. Nate James was happy but knew he couldn't show it and pretended to be mad. Scheyer was kind of intrigued because he knows the NBA trend is to have even bad 3pt shooters take open 3s, but still mad.

The coaches were mad. Nate James was happy but knew he couldn't show it and pretended to be mad. Scheyer was kind of intrigued because he knows the NBA trend is to have even bad 3pt shooters take open 3s, but still mad.

I don't think senile old K even knew what happened.

rome8180 said:
So funny.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv7A3r0a7Ns#t=23[/youtube]
That's such a good video. Pretty sure Marshall bet Justise before the game, "If I hit a three, you have to give Jahlil and Matt a hand job at the same time in Cameron."

I feel so far behind. Friday night I was at MSG watching the dreadful Knicks so I missed us play Presbyterian, and on Saturday evening I had prior commitments I had to attend causing me to miss the Fairfield game.

Tuesday night I have absolutely zero idea of what to expect, so I'm just going to expect and then get a feel for everyone's game. I'm obviously excited to see the new guys play but I've always had more of an attachment to the multi-year guys. I'll really be looking at how Sulaimon, Cook, Jefferson and Jones play. Always nice to see the guys that stick around develop and grow on the court and as people.

Slap the Floor said:
Justice is slowly becoming my favorite player on this team.
This is a great line considering your next post. Actually watching the games, though, will not not reinforce the feeling.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom