Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2014-2015 Discussion thread

Plumlee playing only 11 mpg probably skews that number up a bit... but hell, even if it's inflated by a factor of 2 and Plumlee would have "only" have a +/- of 0.16-0.18ppm, that's pretty damn amazing considering how lost he was last year.

Considering how many minutes Tyus plays, it's so goddamn amazing how much better we are with him on the court. He's putting up those +/- versus the very best opposing lineups so far. If he could hit open threes at a high rate, our offense could really start separating itself from the rest of the country. Consequently, given sheed's ~20 minutes a game, it's depressing just how much of a non-factor he is.

Sheed often plays with the other Shitheads, though, which could hurt his number. (Of course, so does Plumlee. So maybe that's no explanation.)

In conclusion, I blame Semi.

rome8180 said:
Plumlee doesn't surprise me. Not only is he making all his FTs and most of the very few shots he takes, but the vaunted eye test tells me he's the best defender on the team.

I am eager to see what Zoubekian miracles he can perform next season. I have to lol at those who think Jeter will start at center over him next year.

If you had to choose between keeping Okafor and Winslow on next year's team (must keep one, must get rid of one), what do you do?

I would keep Winslow. We don't have anyone of his size and skillset on next year's team. I think a post rotation of Jefferson, Jeter, Obi, and Plumlee is more than adequate. In fact, I think it's one of the best in the country (especially defensively and on the glass).

Also, I think Winslow staying would reflect a lot less poorly on our coaching staff than Okafor staying. But that's a secondary (tertiary? quadrary?) concern.

Yeah just meant from a pure basketball perspective as it relates to next year's roster, no "other" factors. I think I am a Winslow lean at the moment.

Tyus
Sulaimon
Winslow
Jefferson
Plumlee

would be a seriously good defensive squad. If Sulaimon still sucks offensively, you play Grayson instead and sacrifice a little defense for offense.

I think next year's team will be better than 2014 or 2012, thanks to Tyus, Jefferson, and Plumlee. But I don't think it's a title contender.

In addition, depth would not be an issue next year, though the 2nd unit would not nearly be as robust defensively (save for Matt Jones and possibly Jeter)

Tyus is probably the one who will win the game for Duke at Wisconsin if Duke wins. We haven't seen him in a nail biter game yet. Cook can help get us to the end with his 3s, but we want Tyus driving at them when we need points on every possession for the final few. I don't expect to win the frontcourt.

rome8180 said:
Tyus
Sulaimon
Winslow
Jefferson
Plumlee

would be a seriously good defensive squad. If Sulaimon still sucks offensively, you play Grayson instead and sacrifice a little defense for offense.

That team would be similar to 2013 in terms of cohesiveness. That would be a good team, and like 2013 they wouldn't have a title chance (who really knows what would've happened had Kelly not been hurt, our seeding would've been different) but it would be a team that would most likely play tough and for each other.

I personally wouldn't mind a team where everyone starting was on the team the season before. Between this year and last year with Hood and Parker it just feels slightly different watching the games early in the season with all of these new faces.

Why did I think Tyus was from Wisconsin? I confused it with Minnesota. As a converted midwesterner I should not be making this mistake.

I actually thought this too. I think we have recruited several guys from Wisconsin over the last few years though- Tokoto, Diamond Stone, Ellenson.

How's the team looking this year?

I've been detained in a Mexican jail.

Mexican jails have wifi? Sick.

I actually like this team.

"Subdue the crowd. Subdue the Badgers."

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members