Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2014-2015 Discussion thread

I dont know. I'd be surprised if we lost in the stretch between the UNC games. Clemson, @VT, Cuse, Wake.

I'm kinda worried about Wednesday though. I wouldnt be surprised if the road teams won the two UNC games.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
I dont know. I'd be surprised if we lost in the stretch between the UNC games. Clemson, @VT, Cuse, Wake.

I'm kinda worried about Wednesday though. I wouldnt be surprised if the road teams won the two UNC games.

I dunno, their guard play is just so terrible. And their defense worse than ours

VT would be one of the biggest conference season upsets in years. They are significantly worse than the BC team we already throttled, and by all measures the worst team in the ACC. Atrocious rebounding team on both ends, atrocious free throw shooting team, almost no ability to get to the line. The ONLY thing they have going for them is 3pt shooting.

They are tailor made for K's overplay.

According to KP, it would be the worst conference loss we've had in the last 14 seasons, and only because that's as far back as that goes. You'd probably have to go back to '96 to find a worse one

DurhamSon said:
StopThePumpFakesShav said:

I dunno, their guard play is just so terrible. And their defense worse than ours

We should be able to score on them. What concerns me about this matchup is our ability to defend given at their preferred pace and how we'll contain their secondary break when our transition D is hot garbage. So get the fuck back, Jahlil.

They are also great on the offensive boards, so I don't know if you zone them. Basically, on defense, we need to make sure that there are as many half court possessions as possible.

Given the way they'll try to push pace, it would be asinine not to get Okafor several periods of bench rest per half.

Now that we've won the Syracuse game, I expect us to lose to UNC at home and beat them on the road.

This is the first year in a long time where it seems like UNC is playing worse as the season progresses, and Duke isn't. Duke isn't playing great, they are up and down, but compared to some recent years, Duke looks more dangerous at this point in the season than any season other than 2010 or the season RK got hurt.

I don't see UNC beating us in Cameron because I think Duke will come with the same energy as they did vs. ND. And I don't think UNC wins at the Dean dome because their home crowd sits on their hands.

They may suck for the rest of the season, but UNC's crowd is usually pretty damn good for the Duke game.

I only worry about UNC because of Duke's shitty transition defense. They will run it at us the entire game.

physicsfactor said:
They may suck for the rest of the season, but UNC's crowd is usually pretty damn good for the Duke game.

I only worry about UNC because of Duke's shitty transition defense. They will run it at us the entire game.

I know they push even after made baskets, but if we can make our shots and not turn it over, getting back becomes infinitely easier.

Limiting turnovers (and some passable defence) will definitely be key.

In particular Amile, MP3 and Okafor will need to work on D.

No more bullshit outlier three point shooting from opponents would be nice as well.

Felt like we stole a game, but then again it was more like giving it away by the sweet post oriented offense K kept running.

Too many turnovers, too many missed foul shots. On the other hand, Quinn went crazy from the perimeter, which cannot be expected game-to-game.

A weird game, but the Devils showed their heart.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom