Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2014-2015 Discussion thread

So good. It makes me sad when I look at that team and then look at this years team.

If it helps, go back through this thread and see how much we hated last year's team at certain points.

Have to think Duke vs. Kentucky would've been even higher. I wonder what college football matchup would've beaten Duke vs. Wisconsin or come close to Duke vs. Kentucky. Probably doesn't exist. No nationally polarizing program in football. A great Notre Dame team vs. an underdog team with a headline-grabbing QB like Manziel might be the best college football can do for ratings.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I understand the numbers right, it's also higher than any NBA Finals game since Jordan and higher than any World Series game since 2004. Hatewatching is a powerful thing. I do think that in football, the best draws are probably Ohio State/Michigan/Notre Dame with Alabama a little bit behind that.

A good Notre Dame team would be the biggest draw in college football. They're pretty much the only team that gets the northeast to watch college football.

I stumbled across this video last night. 45 minutes of awesome. It will probably add two years to my life.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are no words that can do that justise. Just a great video.

How many times have you watched the last 10 or so minutes of the Tyus dagger game at UVA? It never gets old. I hope the 2017 team can flip the switch like that team could.

In hindsight, this might be one of Coach K's greatest coaching jobs ever. Possibly even better than 2010 given the context. Duke went 35-4 against a brutal schedule, won a National Championship, and did all of this led essentially by 3 freshman that went one and done but have done almost nothing in the NBA. Okafor obviously needs a better situation, but Jones and Winslow are kind of are what they are.

Knowing what we know now, Winslow and Jones (Cook too) maximized every ounce of their abilities in 14-15 which propelled their draft status into one and done territory.

Dementia set in for K between 2015 and 2017.

I thought he did a really good job in 2016 fwiw. Last season was bad, but how bad it was (for me) depends on how Duke does this year. Last season was weird with the insane amount of injuries to players and the head coach. If Duke underachieves again this season, then last season looks less flukey, making it worse in my eyes.

He had a atrocious 13-14 season, followed up by two very good coaching jobs.

2015 Duke situation was kind of similar to that first VCU team that went far in the NCAAT under Shaka. Lightning in a bottle at the best possible time. Not even 7+ games, just the exact 6 games they needed (looked terrible in ACCT). With VCU, it was 3pt shooting. With Duke, it was opponent shooting. Without that, the numbers and results would look similar to all other seasons since 2011. More likely that those 6 games in 2015 were the fluke rather than 2012, 2014, 2015 regular season, 2016 and 2017 being a big collective fluke of poor defense.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom