Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2014-2015 Discussion thread

After the ACC Tournament. They were terrible ND. They looked season over terrible.

During this pandemic, I would like to remember this incredible team:

Edit: I may have accidentally put a timestamp on there. If so, just rewind to the beginning if you wish.

Sam Vecenie of The Athletic has Tre Jones going 23rd to the Heat, Vernon Carey Jr going 26th to the Celtics, and Cassius Stanley going 33rd to the Timberwolves.

If these are the projections Stanley is getting, I can't see him returning next season no matter how much I hope he does. Also, I couldn't think of more ideal landing spots for Tre Jones and Vernon Carey Jr than the Miami Heat and Boston Celtics.

Is anyone aware of a full game replay of that Elite 8 game vs the Zags? I would love to watch that one again.

I have rewatched so many sections of games from that season. Such an enjoyable team. It obviously wasn’t a close game or anything, but until CBS took it down a while back, I particularly enjoyed watching the first half of the blowout of ND in Cameron. Just a complete ass-whipping of one of the better teams in the country.

Another great game from that season that I haven't been able to find a replay of is the win for 1K against St. John's in the Garden.

People just casually ignore our path to the Final Four that year. We played Utah in the Sweet Sixteen and Gonzaga in the Elite Eight. Utah was #8 on KP and Gonzaga was #7.

Man, there's such a huge difference between a guy like Winslow and the average college 4. Winslow was really fucking savvy on defense for such a young player. He was playing the Battier role in the M2M.

The other thing about this team was how visibly they communicated on defense. Seeing Jefferson and Jones and Winslow bark out everyone's assignments as they switched and dealt with screens was awesome.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom