Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke basketball 2015-2016 discussion thread

Further re: the game by game numbers. A typical Duke game this year would have about 36 available rebounds on the defensive end, so each individual rebound makes about a 2.8% difference in the total for the game. So how does Duke do when its DR% is worse than 62.8%? 4-6. Better than 68.4%? 14-0. In that middle area where we're talking about one rebound either way, Duke is 5-4.

eta: again, math no good.

I do have one bit of good follow up news on UNCW. Chuck Odogbo had been their best offensive rebounder at 15.4%. He played in 17 games (usually around 15mpg) but hasn't played since Feb 6 (I assume it's an injury or a suspension). All of the guys that play the 1-4 are under 6% offensive rebounders, averaging around 4%. The guys that split time at the 5 net out to a 11.5% or so. So they'd probably fall out of the top 3rd of this category nationally with their current personnel.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
I do have one bit of good follow up news on UNCW. Chuck Odogbo had been their best offensive rebounder at 15.4%. He played in 17 games (usually around 15mpg) but hasn't played since Feb 6 (I assume it's an injury or a suspension). All of the guys that play the 1-4 are under 6% offensive rebounders, averaging around 4%. The guys that split time at the 5 net out to a 11.5% or so. So they'd probably fall out of the top 3rd of this category nationally with their current personnel.

http://dubhub.blogs.starnewsonline.com/26781/hoops-m-uncw-forward-shuffle-continues/

Given what Klahn posted about the impact of our defensive rebounding, I'm pretty certain we'll lose to Baylor. So none of this really matters. However, not losing in the first round would be a small victory.

FatJabari was the physical manifestation of the frustrating, talented 2014 team. I'm not sure who embodies this team's positives and negatives, most.

I think Allen will always be the embodiment of this team, for a variety of reasons.

My off-season wishlist, in no particular order:

Allen returns.

Matt Jones is cured of whatever disease is leeching away his ability to participate in organized athletics. Important in it's own right, critical if Allen leaves.

Derryck Thornton grows a brain. Also critical if Grayson leaves.

Kennard becomes better at being Kennard. Also ceases tweeting nothing but bible verses. Maybe not so super critical if Allen departs, as long as Thornton and/or Jones become reliable + players.

Chase Jeter becomes better at being Chase Jeter. Not quite so critical with the return of Amile, plus DeLaurier, Giles, and probably some other people sitting down near the tunnel who I've forgotten about, but his development is important for continuity from 2017-2019.

The incoming freshman class needs to be at least as good as we think they'll be. Vitally important if the first three things listed don't happen.

Agree with all of that. Just want Matt to get some rest and be able to run again. Want Chase to add another 10lbs. Want Javin, Giles, Amile, and Jack White to all hoist a couple of hundred treys daily.

Not much, unless we have an injury. But I think he may up being more post-y than DeLaurier, just because he looks physical.

I think Jack White will play. Just seems like one of those guys that K will play.

(He's white)

CgndSMvUoAE0hPO.jpg

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back