Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2016-2017

Pantone287 said:
You missed the 2/2: "...in this god-forsaken cesspool of patriarchal hypocrisy and systematic misogyny that is the world of sports."

"and America (North, but only the middle country of a 3 country continent if we decide to not include Central America, which we always do for some (racist) reason."

Looks like I have to become a UNC fan now. No way that program becomes cool enough for Drake to hop on their bandwagon.

CrJCDvTWcAEfAhQ.jpg:large

Things that stand out in this picture:

Jay's man boobs

Jack White's...whiteness. But this time he looks like his face was photoshopped in using a faded photograph from the 1940s

Luke Kennard's neck. What in the fuck dude? You don't look human.

Rivers in an Adidas shirt.

(Not particularly this picture, but in others I've seen recently - Sean Obi is huge. Too bad he'll never play at Duke)

I think there's some distortion going on at the edges of the photo. Maybe Rivers and Cook really are that ripped, but then I look at the other side and see Giles and Luke, and their proportions look off too.

Jack White is from Canberra, which is relatively far to the south. And it's the winter there. So may it's just a seasonal whiteness.

In the realm of message board overanalysis, this: There's a snippet of one five-on-five play in the short Twitter video of highlights from the recent first "practice." The white team was Tatum, Allen, Jones, Jefferson, and Bolden.

Just to confirm - Our starting PG for this season will be Amile Jefferson.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Shooting that 17-19 footer at a high level..."

What the fuck?

It blows my mind that players are still allowed to train with this type of goal. If Amile had taken one step back, his summer would have gone from practicing a useless shot he should never be taking to a huge weapon that maybe makes him an All-American and/or NBA player.

This is clearly Tatum's negative influence on the team. Each night Scheyer goes home and watches practice footage and cries.

The tide is turning in basketball analytics and K is once again in front of it. Like the Spurs realized when they maxed out Aldridge, there is an exploitable defensive inefficiency against midrange jumpers now that everyone except Roy and a few others realizes layups and 3s are good.

Defenses are giving up wide open 18 footers, so if Amile, Tatum, Giles and Vrankovic all develop that shot to a 45% level, Duke will be able to get 0.9 PPP against even the best defense with Allen getting a breather. K the master at it again.

Do we need to start the Duke Basketball 2017-2018 thread?

Duke Will Pwn This with Matt Coleman and Alex O'Connell

One of the largest college basketball regular-season tournaments scheduled in college basketball history, the tournament will feature Duke, North Carolina, Michigan State, Connecticut, Arkansas, Butler, Florida, Georgetown, Gonzaga, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Portland, Portland State, Stanford and Texas. The event will feature two eight-team brackets, with each team playing three games and two bracket champions being crowned.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom