Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2017-2018

I mean, Bolden could average 10 and 8 (I'm not saying he actually could, just hypothetically) and still not be a first-round pick. Not a lot of market for 7'0" earthbound post players with average (at best) motors.

It's also just blatantly absurd to compare Anthony Davis and Karl Towns to players we have never seen play a college basketball game, since those are two of the best freshmen in college basketball history by the numbers. Not all #1 picks, top 3 picks, top 5 picks, top 10 picks, 1st round picks, etc. are in the same stratosphere in freshman year production.

Duke12 said:
Guys I didn't really know where to ask this question , so I thought I would put it here , I am from Ohio , and have been a life long Duke fan , but have ever been to a game at Cameron Indoor, I have always said I am gonna make the trip ,but distance and money, always seem to derail those plans,but this year I am gonna make the trip to finally watch a game , i haveto see a game while COACH K is on the sidelines ,and I said if Grayson comes back then I was gonna go watch him, so my question is , where is the best place or how is the best way to get tickets ,Ticketmaster, stubhub, etc... thx for any help!!!!

I don't think Duke tickets are any different than other tickets - you'll find the most success looking on Craigslist, Stubhub, SeatGeek, the usual suspects.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
It's also just blatantly absurd to compare Anthony Davis and Karl Towns to players we have never seen play a college basketball game, since those are two of the best freshmen in college basketball history by the numbers. Not all #1 picks, top 3 picks, top 5 picks, top 10 picks, 1st round picks, etc. are in the same stratosphere in freshman year production.

You're absolutely correct. Great post. Just to potentially have someone in that ballpark is exciting, though.

Hypothetically speaking:

Say we get Bagley - whats the starting 5?

PG - Duval
SG - Grayson
SF - Trent
PF - Carter
C - Bagley

Reserves:
-Bolden
-Javin
-Vrank

6ights said:
Hypothetically speaking:

Say we get Bagley - whats the starting 5?

PG - Duval
SG - Grayson
SF - Trent
PF - Carter
C - Bagley

Reserves:
-Bolden
-Javin
-Vrank

Starting lineup looks good.

I honestly think Tucker will see more minutes than either Javin or Vrank for two reasons: Tucker can shoot the triple and Bagley/Carter are just too good to have on the bench.

That starting lineup looks perfect for 1985. I am going to say this year might be very ugly offensively for once.

SMTTEM....thx, if I was to buy a general admission ticket , Is that where the crazies sit , r u still guaranteed to get in or do they stop letting people in once it gets full, I would like to sit there,just not sure,and what would u recommend as a good place to sit. Again sorry for posting this here , just trying to get some info ... thx

Duke12, go to a game when the students are out for Christmas break. Bleacher seats are easy to get then.

I went to a game around New Years a few years back. Was able to get into the 3rd row with the Crazies without much issue.

Pay Iron Dukes $100 a year. At some point in the season you'll get an offer to buy bleacher tickets for face value. There, you spent less than stubhub.

Javin looks terrific. Good on him to put in the work.

Pantone287 said:
Apparently this team is going to have 4 combined ounces of body fat.

Last edited by a moderator:
My projections:

Marvin Bagley III: 8 win shares (freshman Jared Sullinger)

Grayson Allen: 6 win shares (between soph and junior Grayson Allen)

Trevon Duval: 5 win shares (freshman De'Aaron Fox- also not a great shooter. Duval is 23% HS career from 3 according to draftexpress; Fox was 24.6% in his freshman year; if Duval improves by 10% from his entire high school career, he could add around 1.5 more win shares, which is Derrick Rose territory)

Wendell Carter, Jr.: 4.8 win shares (freshman Derrick Favors)

Gary Trent, Jr.: 4.5 win shares (freshman Gary Harris; Harris was a career 37% shooter from deep, which is about right for Trent; He is actually ranked higher and is bigger than Harris)

Marques Bolden: 0.2 win shares (last year's Bolden)

Jordan Tucker: 1.35 win shares (half of similarly ranked and lesser skilled Braxton Key's win shares, because Tucker will likely play half his minutes)

Javin DeLaurier: 0.2 win shares (last year's Javin)

Antonio Vrankovic: 0.5 win shares (last year's Vrank)

Jack White: 0.2 win shares (last year's White)

Alex O'Connell: 1.6 win shares (half of similarly ranked and skilled Kevin Huerter of Maryland, because he'll likely play half his minutes)

Jordan Goldwire: 0 win shares (I don't think he will play much to have an impact)

That's 32.5 win shares. This is obviously assuming we get the same production from Bolden, Vrank, DeLaurier, and White, so it could be discounting them. It also may be a bit bullish on O'Connell and Tucker, though, so I think it will even out.

If we get sophomore Grayson, that's 33.5 win shares.

Last year's national champion, North Carolina, had exactly 33 wins. Villanova in 2016 had 35 wins. Duke had 34 wins in 2015. Connecticut had 32 wins in 2014.

The more I think about it, the more I can see Marques having a sophomore season similar to Dakari Johnson's freshman season.

Dakari averaged 5.2 ppg, 3.9 rpg, and 0.6 bpg, which was good for 2.2 win shares.

Heck, he could surprise us all and have a Dakari sophomore season. 6.4 points, 4.6 boards, and 0.9 blocks per game. That'd be worth 1.4 more win shares.

With Sean Obi's negative influence gone, this team will have an aggregate body fat under 5%. Allen is so jacked everywhere that his head looks photoshopped. Trent looks 25 years old. As a team, they look embarrassed to be part of the same program as the 2017 team and want to erase that team from history.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom