Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2017-2018

Mark it down, the definitive, finalized minutes distribution for this roster in March:

PG Trevon Duval (40)
SG Frank Jackson (40)
SF Grayson Allen (40)
PF Wendell Carter (40)
C Chase Jeter (20), Antonio Vrankovic (20)

That was easy. Promising rotation, actually. No expectations whatsoever since the 40-minute point guard (A) has not committed to play at Duke and (B) might be a horribly negative overall player, and the 20-minute starting center has yet to demonstrate use of his hands in a game.

Optimistic to think Allen is back. I like it. But I do think even in that scenario Trent could get as much as 5 minutes.

It will be fun watching K struggling to figure out how to play Carter as a PF. He's Caleb Swanigan and will be asked to play like Ryan Kelly.

I enjoyed 2016 too but also because UNC lost the way they lost.

I really actually do want K to retire. I can't take these rotations and catering to OADs anymore

In the alternate scenario, fast forward to September, when Allen will think he has found nirvana with no media coverage and almost total obscurity as the 7th man on Spain's 4th best pro basketball team.

He has left behind the Christian values that brought his life to its lowest points and taken on a life of cocaine, vintage scotch, and sleeping with a new smoking hot Spanish lady every night. They think of him as an oddity to tell their friends about - at one point the most hated athlete in America and at all points bearing a striking resemblance to Ted Cruz.

Then, one day, as he is warming up before a matchup with Spain's 5th best pro basketball team in front of roughly 300 fans, he hears it.

"Faggot."

A group of Kentucky basketball fans has traveled to Spain partially for vacation but mostly to heckle him. This becomes an internet meme and international phenomenon. People across the world begin to flock to his games, to call him names like "faggot" and record his reaction, normally with the hashtag "#Gayson."

Allen realizes he has not found nirvana. Far from it. He is haunted forever by his past life as a white Duke basketball player who tripped three players. In December, Allen commits suicide.

bdotling said:

I really actually do want K to retire. I can't take these rotations and catering to OADs anymore

I don't mind the OADs but only playing 7 guys drives me insane. I will never understand why they didn't try to do a platoon at least in the post like 2010 when they had "on paper" at least 3 options (Jefferson, Giles, Bolden) and 4 if you included Jeter. They just completely abandoned any idea of using the height on the team which in turn led to getting demolished on the boards. I'm not saying Giles or Bolden or Jeter or even Vrankovic were the answer but they never even tried.

Lastly, any defensive system that gives up 65 points to South Carolina in a half needs to be thrown away and be start over from scratch.

Yeah, so many of our defensive woes would be solved by not giving up so much on the goddamn offensive glass. It's just exhausting for the players. At least in the past the tradeoff was better offense with more guards but we're not even getting that anymore.

I had some elaborate fantasy about ESPN dissecting Grayson Allen's suicide video for evidence that he kicked someone in a final synaptic impulse as the life left his body. I guess I never posted that here.

CK86 said:
bdotling said:

I don't mind the OADs but only playing 7 guys drives me insane. I will never understand why they didn't try to do a platoon at least in the post like 2010 when they had "on paper" at least 3 options (Jefferson, Giles, Bolden) and 4 if you included Jeter. They just completely abandoned any idea of using the height on the team which in turn led to getting demolished on the boards. I'm not saying Giles or Bolden or Jeter or even Vrankovic were the answer but they never even tried.

Lastly, any defensive system that gives up 65 points to South Carolina in a half needs to be thrown away and be start over from scratch.
They never even tried because they didn't try during the season. They didn't try during the season because ???

I know I'm in the minority, but I really hope Grayson doesn't come back. Love him as a player, but it's too emotionally exhausting for me to deal with the hate that comes his way. Plus, fair or not, it can't be good for Duke's brand, and must be a distraction for the team.

I think it's best for everyone that the Grayson Allen era at Duke come to an end. Mostly for me though.

No I agree Grayson needs to leave. The only way it works is if everything goes right next year. He has to be POY. He has to win another title. He has to not trip anybody (lol). The pressure is too great and not worth it

In the dissent of Pantone's opinion, I will never tire of watching Grayson play balls to the wall and give his everything in games, especially when surrounded by players as lethargic as Luke. So I hope we get one more season from him

Aside from his shitty shooting. His defense was especially gross. It is perfectly summed up in letting the Troy guard straight to the basket at the end of half and having Tatum bail him out.

It's all because of the fucking hairline. I blame NCCU for starting that shit

I hope Allen comes back. He's a damn good player. I like damn good players.

If this was a Dawkins situation, I would feel differently. But we're talking about a team that might have to play all of its guards 40 minutes all year, two of those guards being freshmen.

I mean, if you guys are cool with missing the NCAA tournament so you don't have to stress out about what the internet thinks of Allen, all right then.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom