Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2017-2018

bdotling said:
Aside from his shitty shooting. His defense was especially gross. It is perfectly summed up in letting the Troy guard straight to the basket at the end of half and having Tatum bail him out.

It's all because of the fucking hairline. I blame NCCU for starting that shit

Yeah, NCCU played a tangible role in fucking up this season, as small as it may be. I'm 95% serious right now. There was absolutely no reason to put that as his twitter avatar.

rome8180 said:
If this was a Dawkins situation, I would feel differently. But we're talking about a team that might have to play all of its guards 40 minutes all year, two of those guards being freshmen.
We will have three with Frank right? If we assume Duval is coming.

Maybe that forces K to rethink his defense like in 2010? Lol

DurhamSon said:
bdotling said:
Aside from his shitty shooting. His defense was especially gross. It is perfectly summed up in letting the Troy guard straight to the basket at the end of half and having Tatum bail him out.

It's all because of the fucking hairline. I blame NCCU for starting that shit

Yeah, NCCU played a tangible role in fucking up this season, as small as it may be. I'm 95% serious right now. There was absolutely no reason to put that as his twitter avatar.
Oh I'm 95% serious too. As much as we are responsible for saving 2015 with the Okafor Theory, we are also responsible for Luke's downfall.

Yeah, three total. But who are our SF and PF? I don't see how K can get by without three guards on the floor at all times.

Guard recruiting has been a goddamned disaster since the staff assumed Tyus was a three year player. Both in who they targeted and who they didn't. There's no plan now except for having to scramble for next year and once again in 2018.

I pray Javin plays a lot next year.

2010 really forced K's hand to think differently. Maybe that's not a bad thing? Also why would we recruit Jack White and Alex O'Connell to never ever use them? Because that's what K does, I agree but still he needs to develop these guys sooner than waiting that they stick around until they are seniors

I just don't see who-knows-what-he-was-ranked Jack White and who-knows-if-he's-gone-through-puberty Alex O'Connell as contributors next year, let alone guys who can lead you to a title. Maybe they can be David McClure or Tyler Thornton types as upperclassmen, which is valuable in itself.

No I agree, that was more just a statement of I don't understand our recruiting strategy in the slightest. Both McClure and Thornton contributed as underclassmen at least

bdotling said:
I pray Javin plays a lot next year.

2010 really forced K's hand to think differently. Maybe that's not a bad thing? Also why would we recruit Jack White and Alex O'Connell to never ever use them? Because that's what K does, I agree but still he needs to develop these guys sooner than waiting that they stick around until they are seniors

Javin would have played this year on nearly every team that beat us.

On another note, does the staff believe there's no need for PGs any more? Do they think every SG is Jon Scheyer? From what I saw of last night's game, a competent ball handler-distributor would have saved us from about 80% of those first half turnovers. Our four SGs are all bad-to-mediocre ball handlers, at best. Grayson is the best distributor, but none of them seems capable of dribbling a ball when there's the slightest defensive pressure.
I know we're pushing for Duval, but we should have been pushing for both a starter PG and a back-up since Tyus left. So now, even if we get Duval, we've still only got one PG, and we'll be back to scrambling for another one at the end of the season. And when Duval gets his obligatory leg injury, we'll be right back to no PG at all.

We did get DT. But everyone here hated him, and his dad was letting him be "misused."

And I'll take Allen any day of the week. F the haters and the drama. That kid plays hard and loves Duke.

We got DT, with no back-up. I don't want *a* PG, I want two of them. Instead, K seems to like the, 'well, I guess we'll take one if there are no more SGs available' approach.

I'm not sure at what point K decided PGs weren't really worth bothering with, but that seems to be his mindset over the last few years.

Yeah I felt like our guys spazzed out on every hand check or fell over. This led to numerous turnovers and easy buckets or fouls that allowed them to drop 65

Amile - gone
Jones - gone
Tatum - gone
Giles - gone
Jeter - transfer (more than likely)
Bolden - no idea
Allen - gone
Kennard - gone

When do you think is a realistic next year at making a title run?

6ights said:
Amile - gone
Jones - gone
Tatum - gone
Giles - gone
Bolden - no idea
Allen - gone
Kennard - gone

No.

6ights said:
Amile - gone
Jones - gone
Tatum - gone
Giles - gone
Bolden - no idea
Allen - gone
Kennard - gone

Just don't see us building a roster, PG is going to be a issue for years to come (rely on 1 and dones). We can't defend. No vets.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom