Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2018-2019

So - who fucked up on the blown switch that gave MSU the gamewinning three?

I don't have DVR, so I couldn't go back and see. Looked like Tre and Javin maybe, but didn't see exactly what happened.

Got so fucking tired of that shit from this team. They gave away like 10 points a game from not getting outplayed on a given possession, but by just being fucking stupid and doing shit like leaving McQuaid wide open to start a non-fast break possession. That kind of crap is nexcusable and only got worse as the year went on.

I don't have DVR, so I couldn't go back and see. Looked like Tre and Javin maybe, but didn't see exactly what happened.

Got so fucking tired of that shit from this team. They gave away like 10 points a game from not getting outplayed on a given possession, but by just being fucking stupid and doing shit like leaving McQuaid wide open to start a non-fast break possession. That kind of crap is nexcusable and only got worse as the year went on.

It was Tre's fault.

Given the 11-1 record by K, I'm not entirely upset Izzo gets one to go his way. Guys has underperformed for years, but I'm not upset that he's advancing. He's a good guy, so whatevs.

Honestly this is the least upset I've been after an elimination since probably 2007.
I'm not sure, maybe it's because I already experienced the feeling of loss with this team as the ball hang on the rim with Dawkins' tip, so I already dealt with emotions of losing so it's not hitting me with a shock like most tournament losses.
Or maybe it's because I just don't get as emotionally attached to a team of freshmen OAD as I do to a team of players I've watch grow up over the years, the toughest part of a tourney loss is feeling bad for the players, and I'm not connected to any of them to feel bad for them.

Still not sure if thats Tre or Zions man for the Goins 3. Regardless, MSU played a great game. You can't feel bad losing to a veteran team like that.

I mean, Zion might not have called the switch, but once Tre saw that Zion got hit he should've stayed. Goins was wide open.

It was Tre's fault.

Just why not foul. Just foul whoever has the ball the moment they inbounded. When they start dribbling go hard for the steal while fouling.

I mean, Zion might not have called the switch, but once Tre saw that Zion got hit he should've stayed. Goins was wide open.

Don't think you can unequivocally blame Tre without knowing what happened there. It's on the guy getting screened to call a switch. Looks like he just cut towards his man after feinting at Goings, and wasn't watching what was going on with Zion.

I also just don't want it to be his fault. With what's going on with his mom and how broken down he looked after the game, gotta feel for the kid.

Honestly this is the least upset I've been after an elimination since probably 2007.
I'm not sure, maybe it's because I already experienced the feeling of loss with this team as the ball hang on the rim with Dawkins' tip, so I already dealt with emotions of losing so it's not hitting me with a shock like most tournament losses.

Or maybe it's because I just don't get as emotionally attached to a team of freshmen OAD as I do to a team of players I've watch grow up over the years, the toughest part of a tourney loss is feeling bad for the players, and I'm not connected to any of them to feel bad for them.

I get the lack of attachment thing for OAD players, though I didn't feel that as much with this team as other. I still feel the loss more than I'd like to, but it's mainly just because I've enjoyed the fuck out of this season. Watching the games this year was fun, and that was 80% Zion, and the other 20% that the team as a whole was really good at not quitting. They could shoot ugly airballs and bricks maybe better than any team we've had, but they'd so rarely string together more than 2 possessions of bad defensive effort.

Last edited:
Reactions: TBC
Still not sure if thats Tre or Zions man for the Goins 3. Regardless, MSU played a great game. You can't feel bad losing to a veteran team like that.

That's gotta be Tre's fault.

Given how switch heavy we are, particularly in late game situations, I can't imagine that's anyone other than Tre's fault.

I’m done with that. Lock this thread.

Weird. I harbored no ill will towards you. The fact you looked up my Twitter and felt the need to post those tweets seems oddly personal.

I could bump tons of posts from you and others and laugh at how wrong they were. The fact of the matter is I was far closer to being correct than the people who said Zion couldn't play or that we'd lose 7-8 conference games.

I considered you the smartest poster here and have talked you up over on 247 but this gives me serious pause.

I'm sure SMTTEM is just thrilled to get talked up at 247.

Lol.

He is brilliant and I've always enjoyed his posts. I am legitimately shocked and saddened he apparently disliked me enough to post those tweets at a painful time like this.

I am not mad at him for it, though, and I refuse to bump any old posts. It is a prince's part to pardon. Move on.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom