Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2019-2020

What's the point? Just gonna be ending this thread sooner.

The really lean years are about to start. I don't think Coach has a plan to stop recruiting the best talent he can (talent he doesn't vet for fit), which when OAD is done will be 15-25 ranked freshmen who only intend to stay a year at best, very unlikely to contribute anything worth a damn.

He's not a value-add in X and Os, obviously. I think we'll see the usual ~50-100tth ranked defense next year (it was close to that the last month of the season), and the offense continue to fall off finally, which until 2018 was K's last elite calling card.

It's going to be a real slog, but at least we'll have no expectations. I foresee a lot of 3 seeds and first weekend losses.

Last edited:
I will start game threads again just to keep this board organized but anything more is not worth the time with a no-chance group. Stress-free, though, and probably a bunch of pleasant surprises along the way. UNC should not be very good, adding to a stress-free season. We need these entire seasons off as fans after going through the grind of rooting for 40-point wins on 35-point spreads.

The really lean years are about to start. I don't think Coach has a plan to stop recruiting the best talent he can (talent he doesn't vet for fit), which when OAD is done will be 15-25 ranked freshmen who only intend to stay a year at best, very unlikely to contribute anything worth a damn.

He's not a value-add in X and Os, obviously. I think we'll see the usual ~50th ranked defense next year (it was close to that the last month of the season), and the offense continue to fall off.

It's going to be a real slog, but at least we'll have no expectations. I foresee a lot of 3 seeds and first weekend losses.

Yeah, 2019 was K's last shot at glory. I predict the next four years (assuming he doesn't do the right thing and retire after back to back E8 debacles and stays for his grandsons entire Duke career) are going to be even worse than 07-09.

If Tre Jones leaves, I will have zero enjoyment next season. After seeing Duke fail to make the Final Four in consecutive seasons with an abundance of talent, I am officially done with the one and done train.

The only way I'll get invested into this program again is if K retires this off-season and we all go nuts over a coaching search, new coach, new recruits etc or if Coach K drops one and done and makes an immediate decision to start bringing in better multi-years.

NOTHING EVER will be better from a one and perspective than having Marvin Bagley, Wendell Carter Jr, Zion Williamson, and RJ Barrett in back to back seasons...and neither team resulted in a Final Four. It's time to move on from this shit- as a fan I have zero interest in it anymore.

Honestly Zion was the only reason I kept watching with no semblance of an offensive system. I'll watch his games next season instead.

Does anyone give a single fuck about Vernon Carey or Matthew Hurt with the already understood knowledge that neither of them will even be a fraction of what Bagley/Carter Jr/Zion/RJ were? This is why I'm done with this shit. I would imagine Kentucky fans are going through similar, although at least Calipari took them to multiple Final Fours with one and dones. We just went to one.

Anyone who starts rosterbating and inevitably talking themselves into thinking this team could be a competitor needs to instantly be banned. We need to keep perspective for once to avoid complete, collective mental breakdown.

If Tre Jones leaves, I will have zero enjoyment next season. After seeing Duke fail to make the Final Four in consecutive seasons with an abundance of talent, I am officially done with the one and done train.

The only way I'll get invested into this program again is if K retires this off-season and we all go nuts over a coaching search, new coach, new recruits etc or if Coach K drops one and done and makes an immediate decision to start bringing in better multi-years.

NOTHING EVER will be better from a one and perspective than having Marvin Bagley, Wendell Carter Jr, Zion Williamson, and RJ Barrett in back to back seasons...and neither team resulted in a Final Four. It's time to move on from this shit- as a fan I have zero interest in it anymore.

Which multiyear players are we going to bring in and develop into better than Zion? And with as much flack as I give him, better than RJ?

Mind you a bunch of former multi-year duke greats wouldn't even be close to 4 year players today, maybe not even 3. Kennard's path is the new normal.

Developing them into players as good as Zion or RJ isn't the point. The point is to develop a brand of basketball which is cohesive and more complex than Coach K just rolling the ball out and letting talent do what they want. The point is to feel some sort of emotion/investment into players like Javin and Marques for riding it out instead of transferring and getting better.

I have more love for the 2013 team than I did the 2015 team and the 2013 didn't even win a title. If one and done teams don't win a title, what is there to enjoy? You don't get a great senior season or an incredible career arc. What Zoubek did in 2010 is fucking so much better than garbage ass shit from Gary Trent Jr, Frank Jackson, Duval, Parker, etc etc.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom