Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2019-2020

It'll be interesting to see what the roster looks like next year.

I feel like any of Javin, Marques, Alex, and/or Jack could leave and go a different direction. I would doubt Baker leaves, but with the way his situation was bungled, I'm sure he'll have some folks in his ear pressuring him, too, though I doubt it's enough to sway him to leave.

With seniors Bolden, Javin and White, plus juniors Goldwire and AOC, next year will be the veteran team all the OAD-detractors have been waiting for, at least.

It'll be interesting to see what the roster looks like next year.

I feel like any of Javin, Marques, Alex, and/or Jack could leave and go a different direction. I would doubt Baker leaves, but with the way his situation was bungled, I'm sure he'll have some folks in his ear pressuring him, too, though I doubt it's enough to sway him to leave.

"Dear Joey! You just went to your dream school early only to spend a year of eligibility and get 18 minutes of playing time. Since that's fucked up, let me sell you on spending all of next year sitting out."

So many questions about the roster.

Does Tre stay? Bolden? Do we get Kira Lewis or another transfer/grad transfer?

Do we add Hurt? Hampton? Watford?

Right now the only scholarship guys I feel confident in being on the roster:

Jack White
Javin DeLaurier
Jordan Goldwire
Alex O'Connell
Vernon Carey, Jr.
Wendell Moore
Boogie Ellis
Joey Baker

That looks like a 10-loss (or more) 6 seed to me. Gonna be a very interesting offseason to see who we add.

I think there is too many questions right now to try and figure this out. There is speculation (again, I don't know what I can and can not post from other Duke websites) that Bolden may not be here next season.

With that said, the best case scenario (IMO) is the following:

Tre Jones returns
Duke gets Kira Lews on a waiver (eligible to play immediately)
Bolden returns
Duke signs one of Watford/Hurt (I would prefer Watford for potential multi-year depth down low, it also looks more likely we sign Hurt so I will use him while rosterbating)

I'm kind of upset we have Carey. I know no one here has seen it but again, there is speculation leaves the program. I would much rather have a front-court pairing of Hurt/Bolden than Hurt/Carey. That will be complete ass.

With Jones and Lewis we have an elite back-court, and IMO a top 5 team capable of winning it all. If we don't get Lewis and Jones leaves, we're going to be very ass.

Isn’t Lewis a point guard? In your scenario, why would he come (with the hope/expectation of a waiver) to a team that has a returning soph McD AA level pg?

I wish they would go full blown after Cassius Stanley. Duke needs decent multi year players.

Isn’t Lewis a point guard? In your scenario, why would he come (with the hope/expectation of a waiver) to a team that has a returning soph McD AA level pg?

Even if Tre doesn't come back they talked about at the McD AA Game how K was jumping up and down when Moore committed because he could play PG.

My point is that a full time, highly regarded point guard is not going to come to Duke to play along side another pg who is more highly regarded.

Coach K will coach these guys up to finish about 3rd or 4th in the ACC again, which is about what we've come to expect with these OAD superstars

My point is that a full time, highly regarded point guard is not going to come to Duke to play along side another pg who is more highly regarded.

Wendell is listed as a SF.

he's talking about Kira Lewis from Alabama not Wendell

Why would K be jumping up and down happy that Moore could play PG if he thought we had a legit shot at the Lewis transfer? The three of us are not on the same page here.

People in here predicting 4-6 seeds are either trolls or know nothing about Duke basketball. Even with our shit teams, Duke wasn’t a 5-6 seed. K usually gets as much as he can out of the regular season.

With Tre were a 1 seed and a top 5 team
With Hampton were a 2 seed and a top 10 team
Without neither were a 3 seed, MAYBE a 4 if we have injuries

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil