Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2019-2020

My point is that a full time, highly regarded point guard is not going to come to Duke to play along side another pg who is more highly regarded.

Not saying it will happen but the thought process would be that if he can get a waiver and play a year next to Jones as the 2 and then take over for Jones at the point the following year. He’s probably looking at college for two more years due to his age and he really is a scorer not a point guard at this time.

People in here predicting 4-6 seeds are either trolls or know nothing about Duke basketball. Even with our shit teams, Duke wasn’t a 5-6 seed. K usually gets as much as he can out of the regular season.

With Tre were a 1 seed and a top 5 team
With Hampton were a 2 seed and a top 10 team
Without neither were a 3 seed, MAYBE a 4 if we have injuries

Duke was a 6 seed in 2007.

Last years Elite Eight loss was rough but still easier to swallow because we had Zion, Rj, Cam and Tre on the way. This time around I have no sort of inspiration indicating to me that next year will be worth a damn. I'm assuming everyone feels that way to some degree, correct?

People in here predicting 4-6 seeds are either trolls or know nothing about Duke basketball. Even with our shit teams, Duke wasn’t a 5-6 seed. K usually gets as much as he can out of the regular season.

With Tre were a 1 seed and a top 5 team
With Hampton were a 2 seed and a top 10 team
Without neither were a 3 seed, MAYBE a 4 if we have injuries

Duke was a 6 seed in 2007.
I was wrong then. Thought we were a 4 but that team didn’t have much talent.

It'll be refreshing to watch without any expectations. I'm actually excited about watching point Goldwire and Jack White getting his groove back.

Maybe I'm just stoned, but I'm really looking forward to Ellis and Moore. I hope they get a chance to do what they can do. They both seem like the type of guys we should recruit more often -- skilled two-way players.

I kind of think Carey is center Jabari, with all the positives and negatives that entails. The nice thing is I can only be pleasantly surprised at this point.

Maybe I'm just stoned, but I'm really looking forward to Ellis and Moore. I hope they get a chance to do what they can do. They both seem like the type of guys we should recruit more often -- skilled two-way players.

I kind of think Carey is center Jabari, with all the positives and negatives that entails. The nice thing is I can only be pleasantly surprised at this point.

Is Boogie a good defender? The value of Ellis is pretty clearly that he could be a great college guard as an upperclassman. But in order for him to make it to his junior year without transferring, Duke needs to invest in him next year with playing time. I’m worried that he’ll get buried on the bench as most non McD AA players do under K in year one.

Help me, please. I've started to get a mild enthusiasm about next year. I imagine that this is what it feels like to be a Duke football fan rooting for 8 wins and a bowl game.

We now have a new negative version of Axes who can help you with that.

Is Boogie a good defender? The value of Ellis is pretty clearly that he could be a great college guard as an upperclassman. But in order for him to make it to his junior year without transferring, Duke needs to invest in him next year with playing time. I’m worried that he’ll get buried on the bench as most non McD AA players do under K in year one.
He's supposed to be. But we all know K can make even the best defenders look bad.

Not to oversell it, but I cannot imagine a world in which a healthy Moore is not one of our top minutes guys. I feel like he's grown into a quintessential Krzyzewski player.

That said, I still think we have a better team if he's not necessarily one of our top usage guys. I'm not sure I see creating his own offense as a strength of his at the next level.

I don't have much optimism for next year, though it's important to remember that my low expectations are relative to Duke – we could still have a season that many schools would covet, even if it feels really bad to us.

Without knowing exactly how the roster will settle this offseason, I'm confident in predicting that we'll show some flashes of tantalizing potential at times next year. We always have those moments. But it feels like we will need a bunch of variables and unknowns to break in our favor in order to consistently exceed expectations, and right now that seems like too much to ask.

Besides, until the coaches prove otherwise, I can't trust them to do right by any particular roster anymore. I don't think the coaches are idiots or blind. I just think that in terms of in-season stewardship of a given team, the staff has recently been off its game, some seasons worse than others. It happens, and it's correctable, but it's hard to have faith at the moment.

You're just stoned. The Big Hoss is hurt already, please don't be another Harry Giles situation. This thread was started way too soon. :sob:

On the bright side I could see WMJ easily becoming a better version of SGA at uk by mid season or possibly before, WMJ could be the version that SGA morphed into by the SECT. I don’t know about WMJ’s jumper other than he banked an ugly three in in the McDonald’s AA Game but it seems almost effortless how he gets to the rim for contested layups with long strides and uncanny body control to finish while absorbing contact.

On the bright side I could see WMJ easily becoming a better version of SGA at uk by mid season or possibly before, WMJ could be the version that SGA morphed into by the SECT. I don’t know about WMJ’s jumper other than he banked an ugly three in in the McDonald’s AA Game but it seems almost effortless how he gets to the rim for contested layups with long strides and uncanny body control to finish while absorbing contact.
This is the most confusing paragraph I’ve read in a while

This is the most confusing paragraph I’ve read in a while

How so?

WMJ--Weapon of Mass Jumpshot

I hope so because Wendell Moore Jr. sure can handle the ball and get to the rack and finish with his length and athleticism which should also make him a very good defender.

If he has to come here, the best roster would be with Hurt at the 3, and IMO look like this:

Jones-Moore-Hurt-Carey-Bolden

Bench- (in this order) Javin/Boogie/O'Connell/White

If O'Connell can't become an average defender, which would result in him cracking the top 8 of the rotation (he has a tremendous built in advantage of being a shooter) as a 6'6 junior wing this coaching staff can go fuck themselves.

This team would be forced to play some zone, because if they were solid in man to man, there will be some smaller teams who will just space and kill them.

Can we just leave Jones off the 19-20 roster projections already.

When has a Duke player surprised everyone to come back since Mason?

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom