Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2019-2020

I’ll say that I don’t think next year will be disastrous as some are predicting. But we’ll be in that second tier of contenders behind the 4-5 that usually separate themselves. Michigan likely to return their entire rotation and they feel like one of those top 5.

There's zero evidence that K would be developing anymore of a creative offense if you swapped out RJ and Zion for Jordan Goldwire and Marques Bolden

I’ll say that I don’t think next year will be disastrous as some are predicting. But we’ll be in that second tier of contenders behind the 4-5 that usually separate themselves. Michigan likely to return their entire rotation and they feel like one of those top 5.
Yeah, that's why I compared it to 2016. I think the actual win total may be better than 2016, but the outcomes in the games that matter will probably be about the same.

I see it as between 7-10 losses. Between a 2nd round exit and Elite Eight, with the former being more likely than the latter.

I would say we'll be in that 3rd tier, 15-20 pomeroy range but still 50% likely to lose the opener to whatever 13 seed we're up against.

Next season only works if Tre returns. If he doesn't I think we're looking at a 4-5 seed.

Assuming no one transfers- Bolden/DeLaurier/White/O'Connell/Baker is a nice chunk of experience to have returning. If Tre returns obviously that would be a huge deal. Moore and Ellis are good recruits- Ellis can shoot it for sure which is nice and Moore is at least average from 3, from what I can gather. Carey is a solid piece, but he's not on the level of our recent stud one and dones. Isaiah Stewart would have been MUCH better, but oh well.

I really don't want Matthew Hurt unless he's going to be a multi-year player. Would much rather have Trendon Watford. Between Ellis, Moore, O'Connell, White and Baker we have a lot of guys to play on the wing, and Hurt is going to suck ass defensively. At least Watford will bang down low and probably dunk on someone.

What I want to see from Duke basketball going forward is to improve the offense and make it more aesthetically pleasing. We've had talent so spacing the floor and reversing sides and then letting them take it is fine, but floor spacing with some drive and kick to solid shooters is much more enjoyable. The offenses from 08-09 were a blast to watch, imo.

The talent level is no doubt going to be way lower. I do think that if Jones comes back then this could be a sneaky good team. If you have an elite point guard in college basketball, you have a fighting chance. If he does come back, I do expect him to be much improved. He likely will have access to NBA players, trainers, workouts, etc that most guys wont have because of Tyus. Look at Michigan State, Winston and a bunch of low ranked role players. I also think (more so hope) having a less star studded team may lead to K actually running some more stuff rather than just isolating every damn possession.

Who will be good? Georgia?

UVA brings back everyone except for Hunter and Salt, and they bring in a couple of solid recruits. Gonzaga is pretty deep, I'm sure they'll be strong again. Texas Tech brings guys back, and they have a nice recruiting class coming in...plus Texas Tech was supposed to be shit this year- Chris Beard is probably the best coach in the nation so they might just be reloading year to year now. Kentucky will likely be up there. Seton Hall if Powell returns brings literally their whole team back.

It's definitely going to be a weaker year next year, and the top level freshman coming in are spread out- Wiseman to Memphis, Edwards to UGA, Stewart to Washington, so not really any super classes coming in.

The talent level is no doubt going to be way lower. I do think that if Jones comes back then this could be a sneaky good team. If you have an elite point guard in college basketball, you have a fighting chance. If he does come back, I do expect him to be much improved. He likely will have access to NBA players, trainers, workouts, etc that most guys wont have because of Tyus. Look at Michigan State, Winston and a bunch of low ranked role players. I also think (more so hope) having a less star studded team may lead to K actually running some more stuff rather than just isolating every damn possession.

I doubt K is changing much of anything at this point.

I’m cool with sucking next year, then maybe some guys stick around and if the NBA gets rid of OAD rules, incoming freshman won’t expect the heaven and earth and we can build some depth

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom