Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2020-2021

"this could be our chance at having a 2015 Kentucky 38-1 platoon type team"

Not trying to do the snarky gotcha thing but have you learned nothing?

I've been correct more than I've been wrong. We don't need to (re)litigate my posting on here every time you disagree.

K said a couple years ago that we needed to get deeper. Give him a chance.

This is all a moot point if Stanley doesn't return anyway.

I will offer you the finest steak dinner in the city of Philadelphia if we come close to matching the juggernauts of the University of Kentucky circa 2015, my good sir.

Speaking of which, where is the finest steakhouse in the city of Philadelphia these days?

Have you been to Gnocchi? Great BYOB Italian place off South Street.

"this could be our chance at having a 2015 Kentucky 38-1 platoon type team"

Not trying to do the snarky gotcha thing but have you learned nothing?

I've been correct more than I've been wrong. We don't need to (re)litigate my posting on here every time you disagree.

K said a couple years ago that we needed to get deeper. Give him a chance.

This is all a moot point if Stanley doesn't return anyway.
Please stop posting like this. No one else on this board talks about their own track record of being right or wrong about things, unless it is good-natured self-deprecation. It is not the culture here.

Speaking of which, where is the finest steakhouse in the city of Philadelphia these days?

I went there. Really enjoyed it. Pretty sure I got the gnocchi.

Philly is one of my favorite cities to walk around, especially anywhere around Society Hill, Center City, or Old City. So beautiful.

Reactions: aiw

My preference is Urban Farmer but I'm not sure if that was there while you were in town. There is of course the Chili's near Reading if you're in the hunt for a bit of nostalgia.

Haven't been to Gnocchi but I'll put it on the list. There's a bunch of places I've been wanting to try between South St and Passyunk but I honestly never really leave Northern Liberties.

IF Stanley comes back, this could be our chance at having a 2015 Kentucky 38-1 platoon type team.

Platoon 1: Roach-Stanley-Johnson-Hurt-Williams

Platoon 2: Goldwire-Steward-Moore-Brakefield-Coleman

Baker and Tape get J-Rob minutes.

That is, by far, the deepest team in America with all sorts of lineup options.

If Williams starts, we're in trouble. He's not ready.

I just can't see Johnson starting at center. I think it will be Tape.

Roach-Stanley-Johnson-Hurt-Tape is probably ideal at this point, and then we would have the flexibility to go small if needed.

edit: Or we could get lucky and the Big Hoss returns.

Roach- Goldwire
Stanley- Steward
Johnson- Moore- Baker
Hurt- Brakefield
Williams- Coleman

It's all getting clearer. Lots of versatility with that group.

No Ivy League plodding chumps.

Since 2017, if you could change the result of one game, which would it be and why?

I would change the outcome of the Duke-Kansas Elite Eight game. I would've really liked to see Grayson Allen put that buzzer beater down. The entire internet would've exploded and 2 Final Fours for Allen would've been cool. I think that having the moment of him burying a buzzer beater to send Duke to the Final Four as a senior given all of the context surrounding his Duke career, would've been slightly better than Zion going to the Final Four. There would've been so many tears from Duke haters we would've all been drowning in it.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom