Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2020-2021

In either scenario, the easiest thing I see to improve in his game is the tendency to take and miss 2pt jumpers. They made up 27% of his shots and he shot 27% on them.

I think he was at worst our 3rd best defender this year, probably the 2nd best when you look at the overall body of work.
FWIW, Moore shot 39% from three in March. Unfortunately, that was only four games.

His February stats are also interesting in a different way. In eight games, he had 33 assists to only 14 turnovers. He shot 63% on twos but only 29% from three. In March he suddenly learned how to shoot but went right back to making dumb decisions (with 13 assists to 13 turnovers). He did have 12 steals in only four games, however.

It's tough to say which version of Moore I would want more -- the elite finisher and passer who can't shoot, or the elite defender who can shoot but can't finish or make good decisions.

The latter, assuming Roach is competent. The team needs shooting.

Definitely didn't hate this team. It's hard to be angry at a mediocre team for being mediocre. It's too bad they proved to a be a horrible matchup against UNC and ended our stretch of avoiding sweeps, but otherwise I think this team will be remembered largely for what comes next year. We'll all be able to look back at this team's growing pains fondly if Steward, Roach, Williams et al. are able to help us get to a Final Four in 2022.

Is "et al" Moore?

I don't hate the players, I hate the game.
I completely forgot about Moore, was thinking more of Coleman and Brakefield who may or may not see any playing time next year. We're in a weird spot with Moore where he made some nice improvements this year and generally played well outside of his dreadful start, but he still doesn't project as a positive player due to his offensive limitations. Still, he will play a ton next year whether or not he deserves the minutes. Unless his three-point shooting catches up with his free throw shooting (I'm no longer holding my breath on that one), he'll lower our ceiling offensively.

Moore actually made massive improvements this year on his 3pt shooting. Both in percentage and in volume. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get to 35-37% on decent volume.

I had a hard time connecting this season because of Covid. I definitely felt like we were in the makings of a nice run to make the NCAAT so I am admittedly pissed about today. That being said, after watching Williams emerge, I am so fucking intrigued by a possible Williams/Banchero front court for next year!

**Edit for lack of proofreading

Last edited:
wait - a la UVA, our season might not actually be over. We had our positive more than 7 days before the tourney is set to start - if we have 5 players test negative 7 days in a row we could field a team for the tourney. We just need about a dozen teams above us in the standings to get knocked out by COVID on Saturday or Sunday. I am saying 'so there is a chance!'

Duke would obviously take the call if the call comes. But the call almost certainly isn’t coming, so whatever.

i think if non-con wasn't cancelled we would've gotten in. No need to what-if a couple of those close losses. Duke with those additional non conference wins gets in, imo.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom