Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2021-2022

It's just going to be a long-ass seven months of bonering up for Banchero/Griffin/hopefully Williams while simultaneously stressing out about the PG situation. And our desperate need for 21-22 to fully and completely rinse out 20-21's gross aftertaste is only going to make it worse.

It's going to be especially stressful when we learn that Sharpe is returning despite being on draft boards and Williams is leaving despite being on none.

He didn’t have a good freshman season but I don’t think it was as bad as a lot of the general rhetoric makes it out to be. He had an average freshman season and showed flashes of his potential. I think he will significantly improve next year, but Duke needs to bring in a transfer in case of injury. The ideal solution to this imo is for Goldwire to come back but that doesn’t appear to be happening.

It's just going to be a long-ass seven months of bonering up for Banchero/Griffin/hopefully Williams while simultaneously stressing out about the PG situation. And our desperate need for 21-22 to fully and completely rinse out 20-21's gross aftertaste is only going to make it worse.

Even if Roach makes zero or minimal improvements to his game (not going to happen) he will naturally improve by simply playing on a better team. I think the point guard issue is being overblown as we head into next season. It isn’t a non-issue, but it’s not a situation like in 2017, not even close IMO.

PG- Roach (So)
SG- Steward (So) / Moore (Jr)
SF- Griffin (Fr)
PF- Banchero (Fr) / Brakefield (So)
C- Williams (So) / Coleman (So)

I’m not including Baker because he’s not good and won’t play. On paper, this is a very talented team, and there is a lot to like. For starters, having 6 returnees all in Duke’s rotation is rarified air. I’m not sure when was the last time that happened. For three of those returnees to be the starting back court and center is even better. I love the front court on paper- it’s deep, athletic, and versatile. We are a little light in the back court and need to add another piece, either a transfer or Keels.

what I’m most concerned about is potential issues with shooting and spacing. Mark Williams is a beast at the 5 and he paired exceptionally well with an offensive juggernaut at the 4 in Hurt. The spacing was there for Williams to work inside, oREB, and operate well on p&R. I’m not concerned about Roach or Steward, but Banchero and Griffin need to be able to hit at a decent volume for this offense to really have a ceiling as high as anyone else in the nation. We won’t know until they get here, but they can’t come in like the 2018 freshman class.

Thanks. I think I shared that site here at the beginning of the season and then promptly forgot it existed in my attempts to forget Duke existed.

A cursory glance shows that Steward and especially Moore need to shoot fewer midrange jumpers while Roach should arguably shoot more. 56% on 2pt jumpers is phenomenal.

Never heard of this person but apparently he is a PG so problem solved, I guess?

9297613.jpg

I was looking for more stats from him and came across this:

"In the title game and with his hometown team behind on the scoreboard, it became TyTy Time. The second half antics is something that we’ve been accustomed to seeing from the future Creighton guard. He’s just better in the second stanza than other guards. The precision and execution is just different. His scoring turns up in the homestretch but his decision-making can deliver the knockout punch.

Overall, what a season from the pride of Phoenix. His legend in the desert grew on Saturday night, capping off a full slate of dominance. Congrats, MVP. "

Sounds like he resembles my favorite player, Damian Lillard. I hope instead of pointing at his wrist he insists on bringing a grandfather clock to every game, which he winds in celebration.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom