Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2021-2022

turnert the idiot savant will eventually chime in with his single terrible sentence of "think bankro broke 3d meditarsel + wil cum.back feb 16 duke will win 80-76 lose in e8 wisc tho" which will somehow all be 100% correct if correctly deciphered.

I just realized that we had two injury-free years in a row. I'm not counting Jalen's "injury." And we didn't get to play in the tournament in either year.

I hope you guys understand what this means. Duke will be 9-0 and #1 in Kenpom with wins over Gonzaga and 2-3 other tournament teams when Paolo gets a Grade 2 sprain. He will be expected back in 2-3 weeks. We'll be like "great, this is occurring over Christmas break and he should miss at most 1-2 ACC games." In mid-February he still won't be back. He'll come back and be dominant but the team won't look the same and we'll blame our inevitable 2nd round flameout on his interrupted season.

Why couldn't fucking 2019 have been the injury free year instead? Team was never the same again after Zion's freak show explosion.

Also, I guess we're not counting Jalen's foot injury.

Last edited:
I just realized that we had two injury-free years in a row. I'm not counting Jalen's "injury." And we didn't get to play in the tournament in either year.

I hope you guys understand what this means. Duke will be 9-0 and #1 in Kenpom with wins over Gonzaga and 2-3 other tournament teams when Paolo gets a Grade 2 sprain. He will be expected back in 2-3 weeks. We'll be like "great, this is occurring over Christmas break and he should miss at most 1-2 ACC games." In mid-February he still won't be back. He'll come back and be dominant but the team won't look the same and we'll blame our inevitable 2nd round flameout on his interrupted season.

Why couldn't fucking 2019 have been the injury free year instead? Team was never the same again after Zion's freak show explosion.

Just a reminder that Woody Durham, that notorious traitor, was the voice of the Tar Heels.

Aljami Durham’s numbers aren’t very good. Looks like a mediocre role player. Maybe he’s elite at defense or something. But would bring sorely needed old man strength and wisdom to the typical teenage Duke roster. Given that he has started for the last 3 seasons, I doubt he would be willing to be a 7th or 8th man at Duke.

lol, I feel stupid.

Aljami Durham’s numbers aren’t very good. Looks like a mediocre role player. Maybe he’s elite at defense or something. But would bring sorely needed old man strength and wisdom to the typical teenage Duke roster. Given that he has started for the last 3 seasons, I doubt he would be willing to be a 7th or 8th man at Duke.

Yeah I don't think this guy is the answer. Seems very mediocre.

Please bring in Al Durham and convince Juwan Durham to transfer from ND.

We can round out the roster with people from Durham, bringing in Treyvion Goodwin (FR), a 5'11" PG at Johnson and Wales to provide good food, Michael Savarino (JR), Jalen Johnson (SO) from Brunswick CC (we should also bring in Jalen Johnson from WFU, though he is not from Durham). I bet Jay Huff would like to spend his extra year in his hometown and he can bring his UVA teammate Trey Murphy III.

I'm sure we can get the NCAA to provide Rodney Rodgers with an exemption. Who would turn down a guy in a wheelchair?

Then, fire Dave Shumate and John Roth, coax Wes Durham out of announcing retirement and sit him next to the corpse of Woody Durham.

Make this happen.

I think I guy like Durham could be a very good fit if Goldwire doesn't have a change of heart about coming back. We could fill Jordan's hole in the rotation with a fifth-year senior who can hit open shots, lead a team, and has proven he can contribute on both ends at a Power 5 level, but might be willing to fill a sixth-man-type role for the benefit of a change of scenery on a winning team (closer to his Georgia home).

Plus the ACC is a step down in comp from the Big Ten, so his shooting percentages should rise.

I saw that D.J. Harvey is apparently transferring from Vanderbilt. We did offer him a scholarship... back in July 2015. Yet, he has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

What happened to that 6'6 PG who shoots 60% from three and averaged a triple double as a freshman? It seems like all of our options are either a) kind of garbage, or b) this guy who sounds perfect on every way and like he should be the #1 pick this year.

That said, I still don't understand who we think would realistically be coming off the bench to make room for any grad transfer PG in the starting lineup. The starting five might as well be chiseled in stone.

I'd presume as a guy who's been "the man" at a Power 5 school, he wants to maintain that status. Not sure that's what Duke would look for in a guard; plus, Carr can hit big shots but isn't efficient or that good at outside shooting (another need).

Counting stats, 19.4ppg, look nice. Look under the hood a bit and ORating just 106.5 for both this year and last year. Shot 31 percent from 3 this year and 36 last year. If Duke does bring in a transfer I don't see value in someone that's not a proven 38% + shooter.

Needs to be someone who can be efficient on low-ish usage, imo. I do like his assist numbers. I don't like the fact that he already transferred once (from Pitt). I guess in both cases his coach had left, so it's understandable.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom