Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2021-2022

Yeah its probably a 3 and D type, less than 20% usage. I think if they were to get Keels and lose, say, Hurt, Baker, Goldwire ONLY then they are probably out of the transfer market. One more loss in addition to those and they'd be in.

Carr's inefficient shooting would certainly be a concern.

A poster on another board said he watched him play a decent amount and that Carr was very adept at getting into the lane. It's tough not to be somewhat seduced by that given the talent that'd be around him.

And of course, there's the question of how that would impact Roach, psychologically, practically, etc.

6.5 assists as a redshirt sophomore is nice. That's more than any other Duke player (just barely) since freshman Jay Will. His assists dropped off a bit this year to 4.9, but that could be due to higher shot volume.

The fact that he hasn't even shot 40% in any season is a turnoff. Getting into the lane is less effective if no one has to respect you once you get there.

Yeah, realistically, if Keels is really in the bag, K isn't offering any of these guys.

It sound slike Steward will test the waters but Rowe and John (lol) think he will return. We are prob sweating things out until the usual deadlines. I have no idea if there are even such things as 5v5 scrimmages which is where I'd think he could bolster his stock rather than on measurements and vertical leap stats or whatever. I can't imagine he's going to get any first round feedback.

It's funny that conventional wisdom used to be that you didn't need to test the waters, because an elite program would be able to get you that feedback anyways.

Honestly I think "test the waters" is bullshit, who was the last player we had do that who came back? If he *actually* does that, I think he's probably gone, which means we probably should start putting the heat on Patrick Baldwin again...

Honestly fuck Steward if he leaves to go in the 50th to undrafted range.

Yeah, that bothers me a lot more than a Jalen Johnson decision. At least when Cassius Stanley left, it was because he was 21 already, or a Gary Trent who actually played on a successful team and was a potential 1st rounder. Or not like a Duval where he wouldn't be retaining his starting spot next year. If anything Steward's stock would only go up playing well on an elite, top 5 Duke team, which he would almost assuredly start. Kind of a delusional decision honestly.

It's funny that conventional wisdom used to be that you didn't need to test the waters, because an elite program would be able to get you that feedback anyways.

Honestly I think "test the waters" is bullshit, who was the last player we had do that who came back? If he *actually* does that, I think he's probably gone, which means we probably should start putting the heat on Patrick Baldwin again...

DeLaurier did it and came back. We bag on Frank Jackson but he was like 2 picks away from Rd 1. I don't think Steward is anywhere near there. ESPN has him like 56.

Last edited:
Most draft boards don't have him listed at all. Unless he really blows people away in workouts, I don't see it.

I thought there have been more folks that have done it recently and come back as of late but I may be off, also their likelihood of even making it to the league was probably very low. Didn't Javin?

ETA didn't see Shav's post

Ugh, sounds like DJ and Mark will test the waters. Not holding my breath for a stacked team next year. The state of CBB is just horrible.

How quickly we go from super team to Paolo and scrubs.

I think next year's team will be good regardless, but I really wish our staff had done a better job of recruiting some multiyear players to come in this fall along with the star recruits.

Ugh, sounds like DJ and Mark will test the waters. Not holding my breath for a stacked team next year. The state of CBB is just horrible.

How quickly we go from super team to Paolo and scrubs.

they’re both gone, I don’t care what Javin did

No multi-year players will come and stay though when they know the next year we will bring in more high level guys to play over them. Unless you are talking more guys like Goldwire.

DJ will probably be back, but I don't see any way Williams doesn't get 1st round feedback.

If both leave, I'm even more done than I was this year. I have zero interest in watching Paolo with 35% usage surrounded by shit role players. As crazy as NBA trade deadlines get, at least you have some sort of season-to-season continuity. And good basketball and coaching.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom