Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2022-2023

Some cherry picked 3pt percentages:

Proctor 39% over last 18 games
Roach 36% over last 13 games
Whitehead 41%
Mitchell 37%
Filipowski 41% over last 7 games

I think Proctor and Roach are sustainable for a variety of reasons. Whitehead and Mitchell have done this over their entire seasons/careers, so even if it’s a relatively small sample, it’s all we have to go on.

So the key is just Filipowski. If he’s a 40% wide open 3pt shooter, Scheyer has developed a lineup with the best of all worlds: defense and rebounding to go along with elite spacing and shooting. It would’ve been nice for Lively to have the Brook Lopez corner 3 that he can hit 1 for 3 every game, but not a necessity.

If this team reaches the Sweet Sixteen, this will be a 10/10 first season from Jon Scheyer, assuming that after reaching the second weekend the team doesn't lose by melting down and completely blowing a game or something like that.

I love the Duke presence on social media. The 2004 Terping backlash in the UConn game doesn't happen if Duke social media was a thing in the early 2000's

Since our win streak started on valentines day against ND, we are the 7th best team according to Bart.

Spencer Duke Hubbard, who went to Harvard Westlake and whose parents are

Beth Duke Hubbard, Chairman of the Mary Duke Biddle Trent Seamans Foundation

And

Michael Hubbard

gets a $25K NIL deal

Spencer Duke Hubbard, who went to Harvard Westlake and whose parents are

Beth Duke Hubbard, Chairman of the Mary Duke Biddle Trent Seamans Foundation

And

Michael Hubbard

gets a $25K NIL deal
There's been some talk lately about whether or not Duke has a strong NIL game. I think this might be an example that we do, even though it isn't as publicized as other schools.

Oh shit. Is he a direct descendent of THE Dukes? Looks like he is, via his mom. I had no idea.

Reactions: aiw
Gonzaga's offense also deserves a Pauluswow. Maybe Mark Few should try caring a little bit about defense?

Didn't achieve goal of s16, but the ACCT win was nice.

No injuries to start the year would help

Post-2015 this season is comfortably ahead of 2017 and 2021. Behind 2022, 2019 and 2018. Right around 2020 and 2016 level. Didn’t have much injury luck, and for the first time in years, there‘s nothing major to complain about with the coaching.

Won the ACCT (and should‘ve won the RS as well), swept UNC, went undefeated at a Cameron that had been in free fall, and played to our seed in the tournament. Sadly the losing steak against higher seeds will extend to at least 30 years.

Yeah I would compare this to 2016 pretty much, played to seed and overachieved given the injury situation. Sad it's over but not dejected or angry.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom