Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2023-2024

What fate awaits this Duke team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean, the guy's a junior guard in college and hasn't even learned how to dribble while running in a straight line. This feels really harsh to say but why would anyone spend any time contemplating whether he's capable of developing offensive skills?

He also fouls too much and rebounds too little to make up for his offensive limitations. If Power weren't such a pathetic rebounder himself at 6-9 I'd be in favor of playing him and just praying he doesn't matador too hard defensively since at least he gives spacing. Unfortunately with Foster injured there's just no guard or wing playable off the bench.

Blakes clearly understands defensive positioning and reading offenses - probably better than anyone else on the team - but he’s too much of a liability if he tries to do anything besides immediately pass to someone else. I guess he would be a good situational offense-for-defense sub?

He’s basically Tyler Thornton if TT couldn’t dribble or shoot which is not a very valuable player outside of very specific circumstances.

Yeah, unless he has an open path to the hoop with no defender for a breakaway layup, he should probably just hold the ball and the the PG start the offense.

One thing I will give Blakes is that his rim finishing is excellent. He can't utilize it in the halfcourt because his handle isn't good enough to get to the rim, but he's had a bunch of really insane finishes in transition that anyone else on the team would have missed.

One thing I will give Blakes is that his rim finishing is excellent. He can't utilize it in the halfcourt because his handle isn't good enough to get to the rim, but he's had a bunch of really insane finishes in transition that anyone else on the team would have missed.
Is my brain Goldwiring him or has he also missed plenty of easy finishes? FWIW barttorvik's at the rim stats for him:
  • 2022 3-11
  • 2023 15-36 (lol)
  • 2024 12-19

Is my brain Goldwiring him or has he also missed plenty of easy finishes? FWIW barttorvik's at the rim stats for him:
  • 2022 3-11
  • 2023 15-36 (lol)
  • 2024 12-19
Yeah, well, clearly your memory is more accurate than mine. But those are kind of context-free. They don't tell you anything about whether it was a halfcourt drive into traffic (where he's not good) or a transition finish (where I feel he's fantastic).

I remember being blown away a lot this year and last year by him getting tackled in transition and still completing the and-one.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom