Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Bball Alumni

Duke’s first basket in a Final Four game was a Casey Sanders And1 lol. Def did not remember that trivia.

And there it was. The perception of Duke changed forever on 3/31/2001 with 16:30 left in the 1st half. Packer exclaims "Duke getting a lot of calls". This continues through the rest of this game and Duke goes from America's Team to America hating, flopping, 3-point shooting, basketball ruining, pansy bastards. The feeling persists for eternity.

I was talking to a friend today about how Duke had 2 teams 2 years apart that only had Battier in common, with everyone completely different, that were both so dominant.

This is still the most electrifying Duke team I've ever seen. I remember how outrageously confident I was in the fact that no team in the country could hang with our A game or even beat our B game on most days.

What an absolute juggernaut of a team.

I have watched this game from Maryland 39 - Duke 17 probably a dozen times. Weird watching the beginning.

God I forgot how much I loved Nate James. His winning intangibles were essentially Battier/Winslow-esque just without the NBA lottery pick talent to supplement it.

Battier fouling Brendan Haywood may have been the only thing he's done wrong in his entire life.

Packer always said Duke University instead of just saying Duke.

Lol @ the display graphic of Maryland shooting 61% vs Duke's 26% during their early 1st half run to that 20+ point lead. Imagine a modern Duke squad being on the end of such a disparity in a NCAA tournament game.

We'd all be picking dates for K's resignation and/or eventually dying due to brain aneurysms.

Last edited:

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom