Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Bball Alumni

The NBA players who create the value only get to keep about 50% of the value that they create. Back when I drove for Uber, I got to keep about 75% of the revenue I generated for the company - crazy that the player's association obtains less for their union members than our unorganized part-timers got - Kyrie and the other players should be holding out to insist that they keep what they create instead of rolling over and letting a few fat cats leech off their labor - frankly its embarrassing.

The main economic difference between you as an Uber driver and NBA players is that you have other ways to make a comparable or better living, whereas NBA players have none that are remotely comparable. Additionally, NBA owners can shut down the NBA and remain massively wealthy. Uber’s execs have much more invested in Uber continuing to function.

Last edited:
From that tweet: "The economics on not playing are devastating."

I would reserve the word "devastating" for people who don't already have 10s of millions of dollars. I suppose it's devastating for some of the lower-level staff.

Last edited:
I really thought that the players would form their own league during the last lockout. There are several former and current NBA players who are wealthy enough to start a new league, and I think they should do it.

The NBA players who create the value only get to keep about 50% of the value that they create. Back when I drove for Uber, I got to keep about 75% of the revenue I generated for the company - crazy that the player's association obtains less for their union members than our unorganized part-timers got - Kyrie and the other players should be holding out to insist that they keep what they create instead of rolling over and letting a few fat cats leech off their labor - frankly its embarrassing.

This is so off the mark, but it is typical of populist sentiment. People always side with the players and workers over the people that actually make the world go round. Referring to NBA owners as "leeches" is so twisted when they are the freakin' people who created the system in which the players get paid to begin with. It's a fundamental misunderstanding of the way an economy works, and it's very frustrating to combat because it's so popular.

As farmer said, LBJ and Jordan could create a league tomorrow. Not sure why you'd want to do that when you can invest in Amazon or do literally anything else, but they could.

The NBA is fine. Most entrenched NBA players are wealthier than 99.9% of people to ever walk the Earth.

Kyrie is a proven moron. I disavow his 11 games at Duke.

The answer would be zero. So it could be worse. To be fair, Luka is the #1 prospect so he doesn't really count.

It's a fair point though. You have to get all the way down to #10 (Bam Adebayo) before you even find someone who won three NCAA tournament games like Zion did. Not a great return on investment.

BTW, Domantas Sabonis at #18 is the first player I could find that won more than three. He was part of that Gonzaga team that lost to UNC. Ugh.

Caris Lavert tops the list with 9 wins, though he was injured for some of them.

Last edited:
Of course Carter is coming in a distant 4th despite being the current best pro in the group. I was actually surprised to see Bagley coming in 3rd.

A lot of Duke twitter seems to suffer heavily from recency bias; I would suspect Carter would be 2nd or even 1st if he had played last year in place of Carey, just because he's the last pro capable player fans saw. Luckily there's nobody on this board who is like that

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom