Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Bball Alumni

Someone photoshopped McCollum's face onto Gyllenhall caressing Heath Ledger in Brokeback

A seven-game series allows coaches to figure out and exploit matchup issues into the ground. Wisconsin had no defense for Grayson and Tyus PnR, and I can’t see Wisconsin winning four games getting shredded by the most basic offense like that. Dekker and Kaminsky would’ve eventually been unplayable. Zone doesn’t work against that Duke team, with four 40% 3pt shooters on the court.

I don’t think anyone in OAD era stands a chance against Kentucky 2015 over seven games. Maybe Duke 2011 if they had a full season to gel with Kyrie. Or Virginia 2019 playing a 40-38 type of game, with superior in-game coaching.

Yeah, the UK pick is reasonable. They were one of the most dominant college teams we've ever seen.

Wisconsin's lack of athleticism and defensive strategy of going under screens was particularly poorly suited to playing Duke.

One downside of Duke having 2-5 1st rounders every draft is that more of the “how could these idiots draft X over Y?!” obvious takes will implicate Duke players, almost entirely in the bad direction.

Bagley has it the worst. His ceiling in terms of legacy, no matter what he does for the rest of his career, will be “guy picked ahead of the best player in history.”

One downside of Duke having 2-5 1st rounders every draft is that more of the “how could these idiots draft X over Y?!” obvious takes will implicate Duke players, almost entirely in the bad direction.

Bagley has it the worst. His ceiling in terms of legacy, no matter what he does for the rest of his career, will be “guy picked ahead of the best player in history.”

Sam Bowie endorses this suggestion

Duke fans, have you ever been more proud of one of your guys than you are of Kyrie Irving right now? Kyrie will go down as the most admired and respected Duke alumnus of a generation.

Props to Kyrie, but the Pelicans aren't getting enough credit for deliberately sandbagging their games in protest.

Damn that's bleak. I looked and there's only one other American even on that club, some no-name who averaged 12 pts a game for Murray State a few years ago. Team isn't even in the top tier of the "powerhouse" Adriatic League, and looks to have been previously relegated to the 2nd tier for quite some time.

How much can that even pay? I can't find salary information but is it really anymore than the 35k G-league salary minimum?

Damn that's bleak. I looked and there's only one other American even on that club, some no-name who averaged 12 pts a game for Murray State a few years ago. Team isn't even in the top tier of the "powerhouse" Adriatic League, and looks to have been previously relegated to the 2nd tier for quite some time.

How much can that even pay? I can't find salary information but is it really anymore than the 35k G-league salary minimum?
Does the 2018 team win the title with Trae Young? I'm going to say no. First of all, Nova was a juggernaut. Second, imagining Young trying to play K's defense is cringeworthy. Third, we had plenty of offensive firepower, so he'd have been taking shots away from Carter, Allen, and Bagley.

However, if Tre Jones had enrolled a year early that might have been a different story.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom