Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Coaching

When he put Goldwire to help with the press...lol
He has lost it. Dumbest shit ever.

He also slipped Tre no jumpshot Jones into the middle of the zone in the second half when R.J. had been on fire from that spot. What kind of Jedi Mind Tricks is K up to?
That actually saved the game. Tre is pretty damn good in that awkward area 10-15 feet out in the paint. Made Tre a factor, and somehow RJ made plays on the perimeter where Tre couldn't.

This old fuckin' bastard really showed out tonight with some of his indefensible decisions. I wouldn't wipe my ass with most of the lineups he threw out tonight

Is there any good ACC coach that doesn't break their dick off in K's ass when scheming against his offense, even with majority unranked players? Fucking oatmeal brains

Bolden, Javin, White, Baker, Tre lineup
2 bigs for the first million minutes of the 2nd half
No AOC
That weird zone possession with the D was finally playing well
(Joey Baker redshirt)

So many weird decisions

Zion is out, Barrett is sick, and White and Jones are both broken. That's a lot of things to deal with in a road game against a top-25 squad. The lineups didn't bug me tonight, although that momentum-killing zone possession sucked. I'd give the staff some credit for the team not folding tonight and nearly coming back.

Last edited:
Reactions: TBC
I don't want to be a K apologist, but after sleeping on it, I'm also not as furious about his coaching last night. We had to try to create some resistance for Blackshear and we had to rebound. So for the most part, his lineups, while not necessarily ideal, didn't seem overtly ridiculous to me given the circumstances. Besides, the lineups themselves are not what caused Cam and Tre to commit 8 turnovers or for RJ, Tre and Jack to go a combined 2-13 from 3.

That said, we've got to run some shit for AOC or at least make a concerted effort to get him more catch-and-shoot opportunities. That likely becomes easier when Zion is back and defenses are no longer able to just flat-out ignore half of our players. Still, the most unforgivable aspect of last night's game was the fact that AOC only took two 3s while everyone else was hoisting horseshit all night. At this point, I would rather see AOC take a closely guarded 3 than Tre or Jack take a wide-open one.

Last edited:
Wasn’t a terrible K game. Wasn’t a great K game. That game was pretty much the expected K game at this point in his career.

The coaches seemed like they kept trying to fix things that weren't working. Sometimes they fucked things up worse (like the zone possession), but that's better than a couple of games with the Bagley/Duval team where I felt like the staff chose to just give up in the second half and let the players find a way to figure shit out or learn a lesson.

Wasn’t a terrible K game. Wasn’t a great K game. That game was pretty much the expected K game at this point in his career.
Really? I thought it was pretty bad on K's part.

The Jav/Bolden lineup was stupid. VaTech gives up a ton of shooters and we got 21 combined minutes from our two best shooters. The zone possession was pretty dumb as we gained some momentum. One of his worst coaching performances of the year imo. Very winnable game that he blew.

Really? I thought it was pretty bad on K's part.

The Jav/Bolden lineup was stupid. VaTech gives up a ton of shooters and we got 21 combined minutes from our two best shooters. The zone possession was pretty dumb as we gained some momentum. One of his worst coaching performances of the year imo. Very winnable game that he blew.
Yep, sounds like an average K game over the past few years.

Also when K tries something and pulls it the very next play, it’s clear he is throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks (zone posesssion, putting Goldwire in)

Tre 38
RJ 38
Cam 35
Zion 35
Bolden 20
Bench
AOC 14ish
Jav 12
Baker 8

I'd like to see that. It'll never happen but I'd to see it. White is broken and shouldn't be playing.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom