Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Coaching

I like this move a lot as long at it means that the '16 Olympics aren't his last hurrah. Ideally he'd coach the olympics and stick around for another 2-3 seasons after that.

Irving
Westbrook
Durant
LeBron
Howard or Anthony Davis

That should be good to go.

I think Kobe will give it one last go too and that'll be the last we see of him.

CK86 said:
I think Kobe will give it one last go too and that'll be the last we see of him.

That would be bad ass, but it's hard to envision unless he took more of a back seat role.

I would probably want a lineup of Paul, Curry, Durant, Lebron, Davis ideally, if we assume the next 3 years aren't crazy unfortunate for any of those guys. All will still be in their primes or not even there yet (Davis). If Davis doesn't work, Bosh would fit the other guys well. Curry over Harden is tough, but Curry's nuclear 3s are more valuable than Harden's overall greatness if Lebron and Durant are on the court. 3 more years to discuss this.

You either have to leave Curry wide open from 3 or let one of Lebron or Durant attack you one on one. Davis has a midrange jumper, so he can't be completely left open. I guess the best idea would be to leave Davis entirely and let him try to get dunks or little jumpers. We're talking about basically giving Davis the role he had at Kentucky, when he was one of the most efficient players in the country, as the best case scenario for a defense against that lineup.

Rollins said:
CK86 said:

That would be bad ass, but it's hard to envision unless he took more of a back seat role.

I'd argue that he already did take more of a backseat role this last time.

rome8180 said:
Rollins said:
CK86 said:

I'd argue that he already did take more of a backseat role this last time.

I'm not saying he wouldn't do it, and his Achilles injury might completely change his outlook, but it's just weird thinking about Kobe on the bench in the fourth quarter of a gold medal game. He did get subbed a decent amount in late game scenarios this past summer, but it was pretty clear that he was still a top 5 guy on the team.

Still, he was primarily in the lineup for defense and deferred to the younger guys a lot when it came to scoring.

Didn't Kobe mention prior to the 2013 season that he had at most 3 seasons left in him?

Assuming this is true, that means he would retire after the 2015 season. Can you see him coming back out of retirement for another go at Olympic gold? I suppose it's possible.

Hadn't seen this here. I always enjoy when they get together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brilliant by K. He'll learn how to coach a packed in, yet still aggressive, defense from Thibodeau. We said the same about learning zone from Boeheim, and that didn't happen, but this might since it's not such a radical shift.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Monty Williams' prize for scoring 34 in Cameron during the 93-94 season.

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN 1h

Greg Paulus will be elevated by Ohio State's Thad Matta to assistant coach from video coordinator, per source. Former Duke PG and Cuse QB.

I hope Matta gives him some recruiting opportunities. We will never lose a head-to-head battle with OSU again.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom