Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Coaching

We'll have to wait and see how he's doing in five years when Capel is paid 10 million to get lost after a 10-20 season. NW has been trash so far this year, and the shine has worn off for me for the time being.

In practice, the starters are guarding the shitheads. K probably thinks we have the best D in the country. That’s why he says it all comes down to verve and effort.

The media had better start giving K shit for this putrid defense. "We haven't had time to practice" no longer is a valid excuse, not that it ever really was in the first place. 89 points to BC, 93 to FSU, 96 to NC St. Unacceptable.

If we crash and burn this year like last year it will be the worst coaching job of his career. At least last year we had the excuse of injuries. There are no excuses for this year.

"We don't have a deep bench"

"Alex has to play better. He came in."

Regarding defensive issues - "We have to grow up. Play every play."

I'm sure people will find excuses.

Injuries weren't an excuse last season. The healthy players in the South Carolina game were the best or 2nd best collection of NBA players in the country, like Duke has had basically every season in the past decade.

People will find some totally invalid excuses for this season as well. Like "didn't have a PG who could shoot."

K needs to be given the most perfect roster in college history before it will be accepted that he may not be the same coach he once was.

And this is why I couldn't care less about the recruiting class coming in. Just another season of watching NBA lottery picks put up an audition for the NBA.

As I get older it gets clearer to me that who people are at the core don’t change and if they do it’s extremely rare. Maybe they become better aware of their weaknesses and blind spots and find ways to compensate for them but you are who you are.

Coach K is what he is and unable to compensate for his weaknesses because his assistants are sycophantic alumni bagmen who were never taught proper defense either. He’s never going to figure out D with freshman. Duke will be insufferable until he is gone.

Ok fine, Proper defense that applies to non-4 year players. But feel free to nitpick

"I don't have the answer." He's paid 10 million dollars a year to find it. We D-F posters seem to have a better idea what the answer is than K does.

The problem with not going to your bench is there is no consequence for not playing d.

Can’t wait to hear about K locking players out of the locker room again

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom