Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Coaching

Those K quotes lol.

I liked this shit better last year when we could trick ourselves into believing that injuries and continuity were to blame.

But now we can only accept the reality that our once-proud program has devolved into a dried-out husk of arrogant ignorance.

Those K quotes lol.

I liked this shit better last year when we could trick ourselves into believing that injuries and continuity were to blame.

But now we can only accept the reality that our once-proud program has devolved into a dried-out husk of arrogant ignorance.

Also, delusional.

Reactions: TS9
I’m not trying to be a douche but is it possible Coach K’s age is catching up to him, and he’s becoming a little bit senile?

The real bummer with that is K laying this all on the players. K used to accept responsibility for shit. Now he's just like Roy.

He did have this one:

Krzyzewski on Duke radio: "I'm really disappointed in our entire group. Me, the players, everybody. They were the deserving team. We didn't play well."

I’m not trying to be a douche but is it possible Coach K’s age is catching up to him, and he’s becoming a little bit senile?

That's been our favorite theory for over a year. Seems more likely than "K is just being a stubborn asshole" or "K was never really a good coach and it's taken 40 years for it to come to light".
At this point it's about the only thing that makes sense, but then how is it continuing to happen?
If it's correct, surely the staff is well aware? The admin? Or is the staff covering for him? But K still has direct contact with the AD and school admins, are they ALL covering for him?
How does someone with dementia handle recruiting, given the strong possibility he'll forget what recruit he's visiting or talking to? Is the staff handling all that, with token heavily supervised minutes with K?

I actually think the despondent nature of the quotes is good- usually we don't see quotes like these. At worst, it means nothing will change, just like most of the other years. But at best, they represent some hope that the current strategies are complete failures and need to be completely re-worked, rather than just tweaked. A bonus "at best" would be if this led to discussing/seeking guidance on the defensive issues with people outside the program.

He's not literally senile, probably, he's just old as shit now. Like 4 surgeries the last three years or w/e. He delegates basically everything to assistants. Definitely 99% of recruiting. I'm sure he still runs some macro level practice stuff, including this current shit sandwich defensive ethos. But you can tell the fire is gone. Hell he doesn't even get up out of his seat on the bench anymore. He's certainly not going to be adapting to the modern game. It is what it is.

That's the scary and sad part. He is delegating almost everything. The product we see on the floor right now is the product we will have once K is gone. There is nothing to look forward to with the Duke program if that is the case.

K probably should have retired after the 2015 title game or the 2016 Olympics. I get that he wants that sixth title, but he's not going to get it coaching the way he has the last couple years.

I would not practice offense the rest of the season until the defense gets better.

I would do the opposite. Accept the fact that the only way we're going to win is by putting up triple digits each game. Allocate 30 secs of practice time for showing each player where they will stand in a 2-3 or 1-3-1 zone.

The rest will be spent demonstrating to Tre how to play under control and the fact that this team doesn't always need spectacular passes. "Safe" passes to the post will suffice.

Remedial shot-selection training will be required for Grayson.

The rest of the guys can play dodge ball and work on synchronizing their strong face.

I'm at the point where I would just like to see us become a WVU type pressing team. Our defense couldn't be any worse.

Ok, just trying to put the best light on what K said. Maybe the "not enough practices" and "not enough games" sounds contradictory but applies to different aspect of the game.

Not enough practices he was alluding to what the team needed to get better on defense, that the team needs more time learning how to play defense through instruction and reps in practice.

"Haven't played enough games lately" applies to our offense, that the offensive struggles against state, the sloppy turnovers, the poor shot selection, the poor shooting percantages, etc, are partially a result of the team being out of synch and rusty due to not playing regularly lately to get into a good rhythm,

It's all I got.

the offense was a bit sloppy with turnovers but it's still the top offense in the country. we shouldn't even practice offense right now.

if you are putting your offense in the spot where we have to score 90+ points to win every game, then you are a truly shitty defensive coach.

all of us would gladly sacrifice offensive efficiency for a serviceable defense. it doesn't even have to be elite, just not atrocious.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom