Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Men's Basketball 2013-2014 Discussion Thread

Pantone287 said:
deepdarkblue said:
Remember in the pre-season, when we were going to run-run-run this season? hahahahahaha

The preseason quotes are the most frustrating part of this season to me. Not only the running stuff, but the anonymous quotes being leaked out from the staff about how we were "going to embarrass some really good teams," etc. Apparently they were just way, way off?

maybe by "really good teams" they were referring to themselves.

KevinStrickland said:
I just don't really know what to say.

FUCK. That is what you say.

I'm just ready to get this cock-in-mouth season out of my mind. Football was such a high only to get the equal in magnitude low of this hoops season.

#bringbackCollins

b8TSyKt.png

DrKlahn said:
Pantone287 said:
The preseason quotes are the most frustrating part of this season to me. Not only the running stuff, but the anonymous quotes being leaked out from the staff about how we were "going to embarrass some really good teams," etc. Apparently they were just way, way off?

maybe by "really good teams" they were referring to themselves.
:lol: Thanks for making me laugh today.

I was telling friends and coworkers for weeks that the first weekend scared me more than any other weekend. It was amazing how poorly this team played against the no name team and yet how much better they did against the good teams.

This is probably the most disappointing season relative to expectations that Duke has had in a long, long time. It's weird that I am not even upset, I just never fell in love with this team.

I didn't keep up with his recruiting. Can someone please tell me exactly what Matt Jones was supposed to bring to the table?

Are Kyrie and Nolan the last guys Duke has had who could routinely make contested layups? Amile seems OK at it, I guess, but rarely tries.

dkst0426 said:
I didn't keep up with his recruiting. Can someone please tell me exactly what Matt Jones was supposed to bring to the table?
He was supposed to be a great shooter. Not sure what happened there.

He was also not supposed to get much burn as a freshman, so I wouldn't judge his true abilities until we see what his impact is next season.

Per kenpom, which breaks games down into four quarters, Duke outscored its opponents this season in the final 10 minutes of games by 6. Not an average of 6. A total of 6. 719-713. This is a team that many people thought was in the 1-seed conversation until Sunday afternoon.

If you go game by game, Duke's record in the last 10 minutes of games plus overtime would have been 17-17-1.

Figure out O and D efficiency in the last 5 and 10 minutes of games.

DrKlahn said:
Per kenpom, which breaks games down into four quarters, Duke outscored its opponents this season in the final 10 minutes of games by 6. Not an average of 6. A total of 6. 719-713. This is a team that many people thought was in the 1-seed conversation until Sunday afternoon.

If you go game by game, Duke's record in the last 10 minutes of games plus overtime would have been 17-17-1.

Worst mental composure of all time.

That, or it was a conditioning issue. But for some reason I think it's the former...

During the now famous post-Clemson surge, Duke outscored 4 straight opponents in the last 10 minutes and then tied Syracuse over the last 10 and OT.

Duke was outscored in the final 10 minutes of its last 6 games.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom