Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Men's Basketball 2013-2014 Discussion Thread

I think it's safe to say he'll average something like 24/11/8 on 55/44/85 shooting. /DM92

Satire based on Dman's propensity to post wildly unrealistic pro-duke predictions whether based on actual delusional homerism, reverse superstition, or just posturing.

Guys, I'm so excited about Rodney Hood. I know we always tend to overrate how good non-high school incoming players are (namely Seth and Murph) but this guy has an absolutely beautiful game and 15 ppg with solid rebounding and a shit load of highlights seems very possible.

My expectations for Hood are more based on the fact that K has NEVER taken a transfer he didnt think could immediately start

I'll be curious to see how much his ballhandling and dribble moves have improved in a year. I think that was the biggest thing he was trying to work on, skills wise; he was still pretty mechanical last summer, and didn't have the same knack for reading the situation and making a quick, intuitive move that, say, Sulaimon has.

That said, worst case is pretty much a great role player who is an athletic, 6'8 SF, which is the main reason I'm pumped. I think Cook and Sheed would be fine as 1st and 2nd options, so the fact that we'll have two 6'8-6'9 potential lottery pick forwards as somewhere in the great-complementary-player-to-star range is kind of a can't go wrong situation, IMO.

OMG I JUST REALIZED I GET TO GO TO THE PRO AM AND MAKE OUTLANDISH GENERALIZATIONS AND CONCLUSIONS FROM IT THIS YEAR!!

rhfarmer said:
K recruited Hood pretty hard out of HS, IIRC.
Did he really?

I have the opposite recollection.

IIRC, he was asked about a few times on TDD but there was never serious excitement around him.

I do remember people wondering if Coach K/Duke would be recruiting him after he mentioned that he drew up a Duke fan (because of the 2001 title team and Battier).

I also remember Josiah Turner (whatever happened to this dude?) catching him flat-footed bad in a transition play on a highlight tape.

For all I know, Hood might've declined to be recruited because he knew he was going to stay in-state.

Hood was a beast at Countdown to Craziness, and I am also excited to see what he brings to the table next season.

In my opinion, Jefferson made a strong enough case in limited minutes vs. Creighton to be the penciled-in starting center.

Duke Basketball 2013-2014 Discussion Thread

Affleetz

Eye test.

Most Voluptuous Plumlee.

Re: Duke Basketball 2013-2014 Discussion Thread

Bigger and Blacker

Doesn't this thread already exist?

Hopefully an emphasis on defense, sick of watching shitty defensive teams.

Duke will be a tough out next year. Nice players coming in + solid talent remaining. I look for Amile and Sheed to take big steps forward.

Although Duke's talent at center is not ideal, they can make it work. Cuse won a title with Craig Forth playing the post.

our offense will be very entertaining, and our defense will be good against some teams, especially early in the season. much like this year, though, the defense will get carved up by teams who can exploit its inability to protect the rim. i think they will be about as good as this year, but i cant see them winning the title unless k stumbles into a solid big man in the graduate student transfer market.

CK86 said:
Hopefully an emphasis on defense, sick of watching shitty defensive teams.

Duke was a good to very good defensive team this year.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom