Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Men's Basketball 2013-2014 Discussion Thread

I expect the defense to be better next year. Not as good around the rim, but better at stopping penetration.

I love Marshall but have to admit I was a bit amused when he missed both FTs. He possesses so much effort though. If he can some how coral that into a Zoubek like game it is really all we need from him.

Re: Duke Basketball 2013-2014 Discussion Thread

rome8180 said:
CK86 said:
Hopefully an emphasis on defense, sick of watching shitty defensive teams.

Duke was a good to very good defensive team this year.

With Kelly for the most part - yes. Without him, they were garbage. Today they sucked again.

bdotling said:
I love Marshall but have to admit I was a bit amused when he missed both FTs. He possesses so much effort though. If he can some how coral that into a Zoubek like game it is really all we need from him.

I just can't believe he hasn't made a FT all year out of like a dozen attempts.

rome8180 said:
I expect the defense to be better next year. Not as good around the rim, but better at stopping penetration.

The overplay should be much more effective with next year's roster. Length in the passing lanes.

The misrepresentation on TDD re: overplay is getting tiredsome. People are starting to define anything that isn't some very compact zone-like defense as "overplay"

i actually think mp3 can be a better interior defender than mason. he seems to move better laterally. his offense is hardly walk-on-caliber, though. what did he have, two points this year?

DurhamSon said:
The misrepresentation on TDD re: overplay is getting tiredsome. People are starting to define anything that isn't some very compact zone-like defense as "overplay"
I agree. Please know that wasn't my intended direction of that thread.

There are so many other scoring options, if MP3 can be effective in 1 or 2 aspects of the game, big plus for Duke

I think next year will be a step backward. There's a lot to replace, and the league is about to get much better.

Parker would have to be at least Luol Deng II to make me change my assessment.

I'm going to go strongly against Klahn here. We will be roughly equal to this year.

And it's not so crazy to think Parker would be Deng. #2 rated recruits tend to have that kind of impact.

We might take a step backwards from a team with a healthy curry and kelly, but not the versions of them we saw in the last month.

Can I just say, Im fucking ecstatic about Tyler Thornton: Captain. So, so, so excited.

bdotling said:

Mark Madsen and Casey Sanders played key roles on Final Four teams, too.

rome8180 said:

I'm just hoping that we force more live-ball turnovers, and I'm optimistic that with the depth and bigger wings, we can.

DrKlahn said:
I think next year will be a step backward. There's a lot to replace, and the league is about to get much better.

Parker would have to be at least Luol Deng II to make me change my assessment.

in the long haul, the acc will get tougher, but ul, state, miami, and syr will all take clear steps back next year, to varying degrees. unc will too if they lose 1-2 of bullock and hairston. im not too familiar with nd or pitt, though.

UL won't be in the league next year, as of the moment.

I don't expect the defense to be better next year, not without a shotblocker and not without a big man, period.

I do think that the idea of leveraging the team's depth at the 2-4 positions and playing a havoc-style game has some potential. But VCU is not an elite defensive team, just a very entertaining one.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom